Eligibility: Kentucky residents and nonresidents may play if eligible under the following guidelines:
- Has resided in Kentucky for thirty (30) consecutive days immediately preceding the date of the entry deadline of the event; or
- Holds a Kentucky Driver’s License; or
- Is registered to vote in Kentucky; or
- Owns property in Kentucky; or
- Is a student who physically attended a high school or college in Kentucky at any time during the four months before the date of the entry deadline; or
- Is a student who graduated from a Kentucky high school and who attends an out-of-state college, but remains a legal dependent of a parent or guardian who meets the Kentucky residency requirement; or
- Is a member of the military who is based in Kentucky on active duty as of the date of the entry deadline.
Nonresident Requirements: To be eligible to participate in a KGA event other than the Kentucky Amateur, a nonresident shall:
- Be a dues paying member of a private Type 1 KGA member club and hold an active KGA Handicap Index from that club at the time of entry; or
- Be an annual fee paying member of a semi-private or public Type 1 KGA member club and hold an active KGA Handicap Index from that club at the time of entry.