AGA Women's State Amateur Stroke Play Championship
August 5-7, 2019
Troon North Golf Club – Pinnacle Course
10320 E. Dynamite Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
Opening Date: June 24, 2019 Closing Date: July 26, 2019
The Tournament Committee will determine the number of competitors vying for the Championship and all other flights based on the size and composition of the field. The following are the general guidelines that the Committee will use to determine the championship and field flights.
- The Championship will consist of 54 holes of individual stroke play.
- The Committee will review the actual handicaps of the full list of entrants as of the closing date for entries and select a Handicap Index threshold. The selected threshold will ensure that all players with the potential to win the Championship are afforded the opportunity to do so, ensure equitable distribution of handicaps within flights and ensure that a test of golf appropriate to the skill level of the rest of the field is established. Players who have a Handicap Index below the threshold will vie for the Championship. Anyone within seven Index points of the threshold may opt to vie for the title.
- Multiple sets of tees will be used. All players vying for the title of Champion will play all 54 holes from the longer yardage. All other players will play from a shorter yardage.
- A perpetual trophy is awarded to the Champion.
Eligibility: The tournament is open to female amateur golfers who have a 36.0 Handicap Index or lower and are AGA members in good standing for at least 30 days prior to the first day of the tournament. An amateur golfer who is not a member of the AGA may enter a tournament for an additional fee of $50, only if the field is not full. This fee applies to each tournament entered. If between the ages of 14 and 17, a Handicap Index of 12.0 or less is required.
Handicap: Revision used for event: 8/1/19
Starting Times: There will be an 8:00 a.m. shotgun ALL THREE DAYS.
Entry fee of $195.00 per player will include green fees, cart fees, range balls, tee prizes, awards and luncheon following play on the final day.
Transportation: Motorized carts are included in the fees but players may walk. A player may decide to walk but they must keep up with the pace of play.
Caddies and Spectators: Caddies and spectators will be allowed in the 2019 Stroke Play Championship.
Caddies: Caddies are allowed in the Stroke Play Championship. Players and their caddies must check in together at the starter’s table in order to receive a copy of the AGA Caddie Policy, which must be followed at all times. A reminder, at no time may the Player and her caddie both ride in a cart.
Spectators: Spectators are welcome. All spectators must check in with a starter to get a copy of the AGA Spectator Policy before going out on the course. This policy must be followed at all times.
Registration: Registration will take place Monday from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. Players need to be in their carts by 7:40 a.m. all three days for announcements.
Practice Rounds: Practice rounds can be booked seven days in advance (valid for the months of July and August). Practice round rate is for play, based on space availability. Practice round rates will be $49 plus tax (Monday through Thursday) and $69 plus tax (Friday through Sunday.) Be sure to book a practice round on the Pinnacle Course and mention you are playing in the AGA event.
Lodging: Players are responsible for making their own lodging arrangements.
Remember AGA members save 15% when booking and staying at any Choice Hotel. To receive that discount, call (877) 240-AWAY (2929) or visit choicesportstravel.com and click on “Enter Special Rate ID.” Simply provide your AGA discount code #00216170 when making your reservations.
State Amateur Stroke Play Championship/Scottsdale:
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale
8888 E. Shea Blvd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Rate: $75 to $95, based on availability
Sleep Inn North Scottsdale
6630 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Rate: $83 to $89, based on availability
Cancellations: All cancellation and refund policies in the online 2019 Conditions of Competition for Women’s Events on the web site apply. Requests for refunds will be handled as follows:
1. Withdraw prior to closing date – entry fee refunded, minus $15 administrative fee charged to each player who cancels or withdraws after the entry has been submitted. A request for refund must be made in writing or by email before the start of the tournament. Refund requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
2. Withdraw after closing date (two weeks prior to event) – half of entry fee may be considered for refund, if due to family emergency, family death or medical emergency (must have documentation from a physician.)
3. Withdraw within five days of event – no refund will be considered within five days of the event.
Cancellations must be made in writing by email to Le Ann Finger, Director of Tournaments and Player Development.
Exemptions into tournaments shall be granted up to the closing date. Exemptions apply only to the criteria which determine how the field is set (e.g. handicap or points). See the 2019 Conditions of Competition posted on the AGA web site for specific exemptions allowed.
Entry acceptance into the Tournament, if oversold, is based on the criteria stated in Section 4 of the Conditions of Competition listed on the AGA website. Registration does not guarantee acceptance. Acceptance letters will follow two weeks prior to the event, once the registration closes.
Determining Ties: Ties for the title of Champion are decided by a hole-by-hole playoff. All other ties are decided using the recommended USGA tie-breaking procedure of Matching Scorecards (also known as Scorecard Count-Back) as referenced in Section 5A(6) of the Committee Procedures, Rules of Golf.
Prizes will be awarded to overall champions and net winners as well as by flight. Flights will be determined by handicap. A minimum of 33 percent of each flight will be paid.