What: 2019 Heart of America Four-Ball Match Play
When: August 6-7
Where: Lawrence Country Club
Registration: By qualification only - fee $200 per team
The KGA and KCGA are pleased to have you and your partner as one of the 16 qualified and bracketed four-ball teams representing the two association's for the Heart of America Four-Ball Championship to be played at Lawrence Country Club on August 6-7, 2019. Please read the information below as it will provide you with the information you need regarding the tournament schedule, carts, practice rounds, etc.
Match Play Starting Time Schedule - The match play bracket with match times will be announced around July 29th. The schedule of the championship calls for two match rounds on Tuesday, August 6th and two match rounds on Wednesday, August 7th. Note: the seed your team earned at the Kansas Four-Ball or Kansas City Four-Ball may improve by the time the official seeding is made. This would be the result of a team or teams originally seeded higher than your team did not enter the Heart of America Four-Ball. Alternates that are placed in the bracket will be given the bottom seeds.
There is no consolation bracket in the Heart of America Four-Ball. The bracket is single elimination.
Tuesday, August 6th
- Round of 16 matches begin at 8:00 am to 9:10 am - #1 tee
- Quarterfinal matches begin at approximately 1:40 pm to 2:10 pm - #1 tee
Wednesday, August 7th
- Semifinal matches begin at 8:00 am to 8:10 am - #1 tee
- Final match begin at approximately 1:40 pm - #1 tee
Carts - Golf carts may be used at the expense of the player/team. Cost is $24.05 (tax included) per player. Only one cart is allowed per team. Spectator carts are available at the discretion of the host club. Please call in advance to inquire about availability.
Practice Round - Practice rounds are available on Saturday, August 3rd or Sunday, August 4th after 2:00 pm. Cost of practice round is $50 per player. Call the Lawrence CC golf shop at (785) 843-2938 to schedule a practice round.
Gift Certificates - Gift certificates redeemable for merchandise in the golf shop at Lawrence Country Club during the championship. Additional information will be distributed to qualified teams.
Top 8 Seeds from Kansas Four-Ball Qualifier (availability of teams noted below):
- Joe Bultman/Zac Owens - entered
- Andrew Beckler/Ian Trebilcock - entered
- William Gantz/Charlie Hillier - entered
- Tracy Chamberlin/Kale Reynolds - entered
- Zach Sokolosky/Harry Hillier - entered
- Shaun Campbell/Grant Herrenbruck - entered
- Spencer Christian/Park Ulrich - entered
- Colton Massey/Chase Coble - entered
Alternates from Kansas Four-Ball (in order):
1. Jeff Bell/Elliot Soyez
2. Sam Majors/Caden VanLandingham
3. Darrel Holden/Brent Mertz
4. David Rismiller/Jason Seeman
5. Kit Grove/Josh Williams
6. Chris McGown/Jeremiah Nelson
7. Parker Beal/Thomas Luger
8. Matt Percy/Evan Shartzer
Top 8 Available Seeds from Kansas City Four-Ball Qualifier:
- Jeff Mason/Sam Parrott - entered
- Corey Youngclaus/David Hopper - entered
- Greg Diederich/Parker Miller- entered
- Jack Junge/Greg Sharp - entered
- Jeff Bell/Elliot Soyez - entered
- Brent Mertz/Conrad Roberts - entered
- Brett Blau/Aaron Robinson - entered
- Mark Addington/Steve Groom- entered