2021 LPGA Amateurs Scramble Open
May 28-29, 2021
PLAYER'S MEETING RECORDING (Skip to the 1 minute mark to start viewing the recording)
# 5 and # 8 Courses
80 Carolina Vista
Pinehurst, NC 28374
Player Registration Fee: $750.00 per player
Player Registration Fee Includes:
- Event Entry Fee
- Two Rounds of Tournament Golf including riding cart
- Range Balls
- Thursday Player's Meeting - Via Zoom Meeting
- Friday Lunch*
- Saturday Lunch*
- Saturday Awards
- Will be handed out to the Overall Low Gross and Net teams and the Low Gross and Net teams in each flight upon completion of play
- Premier Player Gifts
* Due to Pinehurst COVID-19 protocols, no large gatherings will held at this event. The Player Meeting and Awards Ceremony will be held virtually. Additional modifications may be made to this event for the health and safety of our participants.
Registration Process: (This following process only applies to individuals who are not already in the field carried over from the cancelled 2020 Scramble Open event.)
1. Registration will be conducted following this new process.
a. Phase 1. Registration will be open for 7 days. If an event has more teams registered than we can accommodate, we will conduct a lottery to see which teams get in.
b. Phase 2. Registration will re-open for events that are not at full capacity. This second phase of registration will be First Come-First Serve. If an event reaches maximum capacity before the registration deadline, registration for that event will be turned off.
2. Individual registration.
a. Every player must register themselves. There will NOT be an opportunity to register other players.
b. All players will go into a "Pending Registration" status. Credit card authorizations will be approved but cards will not be charged until a player goes into the Confirmed Roster.
3. Teams moving to the Confirmed Roster.
a. When all players from a team are registered, the team will be manually moved to a "Waitlist". (It really helps if all players spell the team name the same way.)
b. After conducting any necessary lotteries, teams will be moved into the Confirmed Roster and credit cards will be charged.
c. In Phase 2, the last player on a team to register will determine the team's place in the First Come-First Serve queue. In this phase, when a team is full, it may be moved directly from "Pending Registration" to the Confirmed Roster (bypassing the waitlist). Again, credit cards will be charged when a player goes into the Confirmed Roster.
Please look under the Travel Info tab for room block and airport info.
Practice Rounds Information
Tournament Rounds will be played on Courses No. 5 and No. 8.
- Practice Round Fees: Course No. 5: $60.00 and Course No. 8: $80.00
- The discounted rate is only applicable during our "practice round blocks" on (5/26) and (5/27).
- The Practice Round Signup link will open at 1 pm EST on February 25th. Click here to register.
- Once teams have been confirmed into the Scramble Open field, participants will be able to register for their practice rounds beginning February 25th at 1 pm EST.
(5/26) Practice Rounds:
- Course No. 5 – Tee times will be available off Hole #1 from noon - 3 pm (8 min. intervals)
- Course No. 8 – Tee times will be available off Hole #1 from 11:30 am - 3:30 pm (10 min. intervals)
(5/27) Practice Rounds:
- Course No. 5 – Shotgun start at 8 am and another at 1 pm
- Course No. 8 – Shotgun start at 8 am and another at 1 pm
For additional playing opportunities at Pinehurst outside of the LPGA Amateurs Blocks, look under the Travel Info tab.
Once you've been charged and moved to the confirmed roster, refunds can be requested for cancelations made prior to the final registration deadline (April 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm EST). A 4% fee will be retained by the Association to cover credit card processing fees. Cancelations made after the final registration deadline will not be refunded.
*In the event of rescheduling or cancelation due to COVID-19 complications, this refund policy may be modified. To request a refund, please email email@example.com.
Field Size: 264 (Updated April 11th)
- This will be a 36 hole net Scramble event using the Ambrose* handicapping method.
- Every team must use 4 drives from each player.
- Tees will be assigned based on an individual player's Handicap Index.
- Each day will include a shotgun start at 8 am EST
- Every team will compete on both courses (No. 5 and No. 8).
- Friday on No. 5 ==> Saturday on No. 8
- Friday on No. 8 ==> Saturday on No. 5
- Tee Sheets will be available the week of the tournament.
- There will be multiple flights assigned by the committee based on team handicap. The number of flights will be dependent upon both the number of teams entered and the range of team handicaps.
* The Ambrose Team Handicap method is fifty percent of the average of the four players' Course Handicaps rounded to the first decimal place.
Course Handicaps of 14 + 10 +15 + 18 = 57
The team's handicap average is 14.25.
50% of the average is 7.13, which rounds to 7.1 (0.05 rounds up).
- The 2021 Scramble Open Champion will be the Overall Low Net score from the field.
- Awards to the overall Low Net and Low Gross winners.
- Awards to the Low Net and Low Gross winners for each flight (exclusive of overall Low Net and Low Gross winners).
*Registration only applies to individuals who were not transfered from the cancelled 2020 Scramble Open event.
Registration Opens: February 17, 2021 1:00 pm (EDT)
Registration Closes: February 23, 2021 at 11:59 pm (EDT)
Lottery (if needed to determine field): February 24, 2021
Registration Reopens (if capacity for event isn't reached on February 24): February 25, 2021 at 9 am (EDT)
Registration Deadline: April 1, 2021 11:59 pm (EDT)
Handicap Revision Date: May 14, 2021
Normal Substitution Deadline: May 21, 2021 at 11:59 pm (EDT)
Emergency** Substitution Deadline: May 25, 2021 at 11:59 pm (EDT)
** Incoming player must be within 8 handicap points of outgoing player.