2020 San Tan Amateur
HOST SITE: Alta Mesa Country Club
1460 N Alta Mesa Dr.
Mesa, AZ 85205
DATES: February 22-23, 2020 (Saturday & Sunday)
ENTRY DEADLINE: 11 p.m. on Tuesday, February 18.
ENTRY FEE: $195.00 per player
FORMAT: 36-holes of individual stroke play within flights. Flights will be determined based on player’s USGA Handicap Index as of February 18th. Merchandise certificates awarded to top finishers in each flight. 12:30PM Shotgun both days.
ELIGIBILITY: All players must have an active membership with an AGA Member Club in order to participate.
TOURNAMENT TEE TIMES:
Saturday, February 22
12:30PM First Round Shotgun
Alta Mesa Country Club
Sunday, February 23
12:30PM Final Round Shotgun
Alta Mesa Country Club
PRACTICE ROUNDS: Available starting Feb 8th. Call pro shop to book:
480.827.9411 $45.00 Rate
PAIRINGS: Official tournament pairings will be emailed to participants by end of day on Wednesday, February 19.
DRIVING RANGE: Practice balls will be available on the range one-hour prior to play on: Saturday and Sunday at Alta Mesa Country Club.
PAYOUTS: Payouts in the form of Alta Mesa Golf Shop merchandise gift cards will be given to top finishers. Specific payout amounts will be posted prior to final-round scoring. Gift cards will available in the Golf Shop following final-round scoring.
POSTING SCORES TO GHIN: The Arizona Golf Association staff will post all tournament scores to GHIN following the event. Players should not re-post event scores.
CADDIES: Caddies are permitted for the event. They must walk at all times unless there is an available seat in one of the player’s carts. Caddies riding in a cart MUST NOT displace a player.
GOLF CART USE: Players may walk but are permitted to ride in carts and cart fees are covered in the tournament entry fee. Carts will be staged near the practice facilities each morning of the competition. Maximum of two carts per group and maximum of two riders per cart. Click here for AGA's complete golf cart policy.
In addition, the following policies will be enforced:
- Spectator carts are not permitted for insurance reasons, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Carts are assigned only to contestants. A caddie may use a cart only if a contestant is not displaced by such use.
- Restrictions on cart use for players are at the discretion of the Host Site, and all players are bound by those requirements, subject to withdrawal for violations of that policy. Any such restrictions will be posted at the tournament site.
- Two persons per cart only.
- Carts must be kept on paths if available near greens and tees.
- Any non-player riding with a player is considered a caddie and subject to any potential rules violations.
- Pull carts are permitted as long as not in conflict with the Host Club rules.
Click here for the complete guidelines of AGA’s golf cart policy.
WITHDRAW POLICY: Prior to the Entry Deadline, players may withdraw from a tournament and receive a full refund by completing the withdraw process on the tournament website, calling the AGA office (602) 944-3035 during normal business hours or calling the Withdraw Line at (602) 944-3035 ext. 210 and leaving a message.
After the Entry Deadline has passed, any withdraw will be considered a “late withdraw”. Tournament entry fees will only be returned if the player’s position in the field is filled by an alternate. In any case, a $30 administrative fee will be deducted from any tournament entry fee refund, regardless of the reason for withdrawing.
Click here for the AGA’s complete withdraw policy.