Northern California Golf Association
Senior Four-Ball Net Qualifying
Laguna Seca Golf Ranch
Friday, August 28, 2020
Player Information Sheet
Laguna Seca Golf Ranch
10520 York Road
Monterey, CA 93940
PLEASE REVIEW: COVID-19 TOURNAMENT SAFETY POLICIES
Note: Face coverings must be worn at all times in public places at Laguna Seca GR.
18 holes Four-Ball Net Stroke Play (Two–Person Better Ball). Men will play from the Blue tees; Women will play from the Green tees. Play will be 85% of the course handicap using a maximum current index of 18.4. All players with indexes of 18.5 and higher are eligible but must play a maximum current index of 18.4. The low team scores will advance to the Championship Proper at Poppy Ridge GC on September 14-15, 2020.
Scoring Unfinished Holes: If a player starts but does not complete a hole, their marker shall record an “X” followed by the score he most likely would have made. This score is for handicap purposes only and shall not exceed net double bogey.
Net Double Bogey = Double Bogey + any handicap strokes you receive
The first tee time is at 8:00 AM off Tee 1. Players should be at the first tee immediately following the group in front of them. Please do not congregate near the first tee. Pairings will be posted Friday, August 21st.
Caddies: Caddies are not permitted at any NCGA event until further notice.
Practice Round Information:
Practice rounds are subject to availability and must be booked through the pro shop in advance. Please contact the course for the most up to date rate information.
Local Rules / Scorecards:
All paperwork will be available for players on or before Thursday, August 27th via the links below:
- Notice to Players (Local Rules)
- Scorecards (scorecards are available to print as a convenience for players, but have no Rules status)
No paper materials will be provided or available on site.
Food and Beverage Availability:
The restaurant at Laguna Seca will be closed. The Snack Bar by the 10th will be open at 9:40 am and have limited items available. There will also be limited snacks and drinks in the Pro Shop.
The driving range is open and spaced for safe distancing. We ask players to limit their warm-up and arrival time. The practice putting and chipping greens are available only for the 2nd and 3rd up groups, meaning within 20 minutes of your starting time. Please do not use the practice greens prior to 20 minutes before your starting time.
Player Cart Information:
Golf carts are optional at the player’s expense. Cart rental is $18 per bag at Pacific Grove. A maximum of two golf carts per group is permitted. Push carts may be rented for $12 at Laguna Seca. Push carts are limited and will be sold on a first come first serve basis. SPECTATOR CARTS ARE PROHIBITED
Maximum Score: The maximum allowable score for a side on any hole is 9 (Rule 21.2 applies).
Alternative to Stroke and Distance: Model Local Rule E-5 is in effect.
Scoring: Players are expected to download the USGA TM app (or GolfGenius). If you have previously downloaded the app please make sure you have the most up to date version. The player GGID is available on the scorecard PDF available above and will be given to you on the first tee by the starter.
- DURING THE ROUND - Within the group, players will be marking for one other player (just as you would with a paper scorecard). The electronic scorecard has a section for "Marker's Notes". This is the equivalent to the tear strip at the top of a scorecard where the marker may keep his or her own scores.
- WHEN IS ROUND IS COMPLETED - At the end of the round, all players in the group must report any rules issues to the committee and confirm hole-by-hole scores are correct. If there are any discrepancies between your "Marker's Notes" and the scores your marker entered for you, they will be highlighted in yellow.
- CERTIFYING SCORES - Once all scores are correct you will be prompted to "Certify as Marker" and then you will move to "My Scores", located at the top of your screen, and then be prompted to "Certify as Player". This is the equivalent of signing a paper scorecard and satisfies the requirements of Rule 3.3b. Scores will be considered to be official and returned once the player has left the defined scoring area, the scoring area will be defined within The Notice to Players.
- Staff contact information is available in the Notice to Players linked above if you have any questions after your round.
Code of Conduct – Flagstick: The flagstick must not be moved or deliberately touched by hand during the round, including with a gloved hand or a towel wrapped around the flagstick. Any player who deliberately ignores this code of conduct policy will be considered guilty of Serious Misconduct (see Rule 1.2b), the penalty for which is Disqualification.
Holing Out: Laguna Seca GC has installed a foam insert that allows the ball to fall into the hole part way, while making the ball easily retrievable to minimize shared contact points. The foam is treated as part of the flagstick, and if any part of the ball is below the surface of the putting green and is resting on that device or leaning against the flagstick, the ball is treated as holed. However, a ball that hits the foam and does not come to rest with any part of the ball within the hole below the surface of the putting green is not holed.
Preferred Lies in Bunker: When a player’s ball lies in a bunker, the player may take free relief once by placing the original ball or another ball in and playing it from this relief area:
- Reference Point: Spot of the original ball
- Size of Relief Area Measured from Reference Point: SIX INCHES from the reference point, but with these limits:
- Limits on Location of Relief Area:
- Must not be nearer the hole than the reference point, and
- Must be in the same bunker.
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures for replacing a ball under Rule 14.2b(2) and 14.2e.
Deciding Ties: Ties for the final qualifying spot will be broken by the USGA recommended method of matching scorecards (Committee Procedures, Section 5A(6)).
Any questions concerning this event should be directed to the NCGA Rules and Competitions Office at 831-625-4653.