2020 Southern Amateur (Divisional)
The Golf Club at Dove Mountain
6501 West Boulder Bridge Pass
Marana, AZ 85658
Entry Fee: $200
In order to offer as many competitions from the planned schedule as possible until the COVID-19 situation has completely eased, the following philosophy will be employed at each AGA-sponsored event:
- The AGA will be bound by the Host Facility’s mandates for social distancing.
- One week in advance of each event, any diversions from normal competition rules will be posted to the website.
- Any players who wish to withdraw at that time will receive a full refund.
DATES: June 27-28, 2020 (Saturday/Sunday)
FORMAT: 36-hole stroke play championship with a max field size of 90 players. Both days of competition are started using split tees.
Arizona Amateur Championship Qualifier:
*If you wish to use this 36-hole score as a qualifying score for the 96th AZ Amateur Championship, it is an extra $40 CASH that must be paid on the day of the event before teeing off on the first round. Specific number of qualifying spots available will be posted on the Notice to Players.
ELIGIBILITY: All players must have an active membership with an AGA Member Club in order to participate.
TOURNAMENT TEE TIMES:
Saturday, June 27
7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. #1 and #10 tees First Round
Sunday, June 28
7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. #1 and #10 tees Final Round
1:30 p.m. Awards Ceremony
PRACTICE ROUNDS: Practice Rounds will be available starting June 1, 2020. $50 plus tax.
PAIRINGS: Will be available by end of day on Thursday, June 25.
DRIVING RANGE: Practice balls will be available on the range prior to play on Saturday and Sunday
PAYOUTS: Payouts in the form of merchandise gift cards will be given to top finishers. Specific payout amounts will be posted prior to final-round scoring.
GOLF CART USE: We will follow cart policy in place at each individual facility. Players may walk or ride.
In addition, the following policies will be enforced:
- Spectator carts are not permitted for insurance reasons, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Carts are assigned only to contestants. A caddie may use a cart only if a contestant is not displaced by such use.
- Restrictions on cart use for players are at the discretion of the Host Site, and all players are bound by those requirements, subject to withdrawal for violations of that policy. Any such restrictions will be posted at the tournament site.
- Two persons per cart only.
- Carts must be kept on paths if available near greens and tees.
- Any non-player riding with a player is considered a caddie and subject to any potential rules violations.
- Pull carts are permitted as long as not in conflict with the Host Club rules.
Click here for the complete guidelines of AGA’s golf cart policy.
CADDIES: Caddies are permitted for the Championship. They must walk at all times unless there is an available seat in one of the players carts. Caddies riding in a cart MUST NOT displace a player.
WITHDRAW POLICY: Prior to the Entry Deadline, players may withdraw from a tournament and receive a full refund by completing the withdraw process on the tournament website, calling the AGA office (602) 944-3035 during normal business hours or calling the Withdraw Line at (602) 944-3035 ext. 210 and leaving a message.
After the Entry Deadline has passed, any withdraw will be considered a “late withdraw.” Tournament entry fees will only be returned if the player’s position in the field is filled by an alternate. In any case, a $30 administrative fee will be deducted from any tournament entry fee refund, regardless of the reason for withdrawing.
Click here for the AGA’s complete withdraw policy.