2020 BDGA Match Play Championship
Host: Gowanda Country Club
Dates: August 7-9, 2020
Entry Fee: $125
Deadline: Monday, August 3rd (5pm)
Terms of the Competition
The entry fee is $125. This includes the green, cart and range fees, prizes, and awards.
This championship is open to male amateur golfers who meet the following requirements:
- Membership: Be a member of the BDGA, defined as either belonging to (1) an BDGA member club or (2) the NYSGA eClub - WNY (Residency Required).
- Age: To compete in the Senior Division, players must be at least 50 years old as of June 26, 2020.
- Handicap Index: There are no Handicap Index requirements.
ENTRIES, DEADLINE, AND REFUND POLICY
- Entries: An entry must be submitted online with payment prior to the deadline. Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
- Deadline: The deadline to submit entries is Monday, August 3rd, 2020 at 5:00pm.
- Refund Policy: The entry fee, less a $10 service fee, will be refunded if a player withdraws prior to the close of entries. No refunds are given after this time.
The format of this championship is match play.
FIELD SIZE AND SEEDING
Each division (see below) is limited to 16 players. Seeding is based on the 2019 points standings. If all players are not on the points standings, they will be ordered by USGA Handicap Index as of the entry deadline.
There are two Men's divisions in this championship: Open Division (all ages) and Senior Division (ages 50+).
Open division will play from the TBA Tees (~6,500y), the Senior division will play from the TBA Tees (~6,000y).
All play will be governed by the USGA Rules of Golf. Players will be provided a "Notice to Players" rules sheet containing local rules and conditions. The BDGA will have volunteer Rules Officials on the course to provide rulings and answer questions.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Round of 16: Friday, August 7 // Start time: 11am
Quarterfinals: Saturday, August 8 // Start time: 10am
Semifinals & Finals: Sunday, August 9 // Start time: 9am
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
A boxed lunch will be provided (free) to all players on Friday.
GOLF CARTS AND DRIVING RANGE
The use of golf carts and the driving range is included in the entry fee.
Trophies will be awarded to the winners.
Gift certificates to the host club pro shop will be awarded to the top finishers.
GOWANDA COUNTRY CLUB
2623 Brown St, Collins, NY 14034
Paul Agone, PGA
Matt Plosila, GCSAA
Jack Travers, Executive Director
(716) 957-2386 - Cell