UTAH STATE AMATEUR QUALIFIER
Sky Mountain Golf Course
August 3, 2020
All entries for qualifying and exempt players must be received at the UGA office no later than 4:00 pm MST on July 31st.
QUALIFYING SITE ASSIGNMENTS
Players may compete at any qualifying site of their choice; registration is on a first come first serve basis. Please note that all qualifying sites are limited to the first 84 players, if a player’s desired site is full he may choose to be placed on the waitlist (determined in registration date order) or he may register for another site on a space available basis. Players will not be placed on a waitlist if they are currently active in another qualifying field. Players May only sign up for one qualifier (Exception: Last Chance Qualifier). Waitlists may be capped.
A total of 144 players will advance to the finals. The number of qualifying spots at each site will be determined by percentage, each field's percentage will be the same. There will be playoffs immediately following play at each site to determine the final qualifying spots and alternates for the Championship. Players must be present, ties will not be taken.*
*The UGA reserves the right to extend the field at any time.
Two alternates will be determined from each qualifying location. Alternate order will be determined by 1) the playoff for the final spot, or 2) a playoff for the two alternate positions. If the alternates are not present for the playoff they will be determined by lot.
How alternates will advance to the Championship:
1) If a player qualifies for the State Amateur and subsequently withdraws the next available alternate from that players qualifying location will be selected. If the two alternates from the players qualifying location are unavailable or have already been placed in the field the next available alternate on the championship allocation will be selected.
2) In the case that an exempt player withdraws from the championship the first available alternate from the championship allocation schedule will be selected.
STATE AMATEUR QUALIFYING - SENIOR
Seniors playing in this qualifier who wish to attempt to qualify for the Senior State Amateur on the same day, please read below:
1. You can attempt to qualify for the Utah Senior State Amateur by paying both entry fees. You will play one qualifying round and that score will count for both qualifiers. You will be teeing off towards the end of the morning wave.
2. If you choose not to qualify for the Utah Senior State Amateur on the same day, you can always sign up for a different Senior State Amateur Qualifier on a different day.
3. Both the regular and senior qualifiers will be played from the same yardages.
*If you wish to qualify for the Senior State Amateur on the same day, please sign up for that qualifier separately.