Northern California Golf Association
Associate Club Four-Ball Net Qualifying
Del Monte Golf Course
Friday, May 14, 2021
Player Information Sheet
Del Monte Golf Course
1300 Sylvan Rd
Monterey, CA 93940
PLEASE REVIEW: NCGA “Play it Safe – COVID-19 Tournament Policies”
Note: Masks are required in and around the clubhouse area at Del Monte, or any circumstance where it is not possible to maintain social distancing.
18 holes Four-Ball Net Stroke Play (Two–Person Better Ball). The May 10th Handicap Index Revision will be used. Men will play from the WHITE tees; Women will play from the RED tees. Play will be 85% of the course handicap using a maximum current index of 18.4. All players with indexes of 18.5 and higher are eligible but must play a maximum current index of 18.4. The number of qualifying spots available at each qualifying site will be determined based on the total number of players and the final field size at each site. Final numbers of spots will be available from the Committee on the day of qualifying. Ties for the final qualifying spot will be determined by the USGA recommended method of matching score cards. Qualifiers will advance to the Championship at Poppy Hills GC on June 14-15, 2021.
Scoring Unfinished Holes:
If a player starts but does not complete a hole, their marker shall record an “X” followed by the score he/she most likely
would have made. This score is for handicap purposes only and shall not exceed net double bogey.
Net Double Bogey = Double Bogey + any handicap strokes you receive
The first tee time is at 8:00 AM off Tee 1. Players should be at the first tee immediately following the group in front of them. Please do not congregate near the first tee. Pairings will be posted Friday, May 7th.
Practice Round Information:
Practice rounds are subject to availability and must be booked through the pro shop in advance. Please contact the course for the most up to date rate information.
Local Rules / Scorecards:
All paperwork will be available for players on or before Thursday, May 13th via the links below:
- Notice to Players (Local Rules)
- Scorecards (scorecards are available to print as a convenience for players, but have no Rules status)
No paper materials will be provided or available on site.
Food and Beverage Availability:
Restaurant will be closed. There will be a beverage cart with limited options during the round. Please plan on supplying your own food and drink during the round if you do not plan on ordering from the beverage cart.
Del Monte does not have a driving range. The closest range is located at Monterey Pines GC. Other ranges in the area include Bayonet/Blackhorse GC, Laguna Seca GC, and Poppy Hills GC.
Player Cart Information:
Golf carts are optional at the player’s expense. Cart fee is $25 per person. Golf carts are limited to one rider per cart. Players from the same household may ride together in a golf cart. Spectator carts are prohibited.
See the above links for policies on Dress Code, Withdrawals, No Shows, and Conditions of Competition. It is the PLAYER’S responsibility to know the Rules and Conditions of the Competition.
Golf Shoes: Model Local Rule G-7 is in effect.
The maximum allowable score for a player on any hole is 9, Rule 21.2 applies.
Alternative to Stroke and Distance:
Model Local Rule E-5 is in effect.
Caddies are allowed only if hired through Pebble Beach.
Scoring: Players are expected to arrive at their first tee with the latest version of the GolfGenius or USGA Tournament Management App. The player GGID is available on the scorecard PDF available above and will be given to you on the first tee by the starter. When logging in, you MUST login using the provided Player GGID or you will not get access to the digital scorecard portion of the app.
- DURING THE ROUND - Within the group, players will be marking for one other player (just as you would with a paper scorecard). The electronic scorecard has a section for "Marker's Notes". This is the equivalent to the tear strip at the top of a scorecard where the marker may keep his or her own scores.
- WHEN ROUND IS COMPLETED - At the end of the round, all players in the group must report any rules issues to the committee and confirm hole-by-hole scores are correct. If there are any discrepancies between your "Marker's Notes" and the scores your marker entered for you, they will be highlighted in yellow.
- CERTIFYING SCORES - Once all scores are correct you will be prompted to "Certify as Marker" and then you will move to "My Scores", located at the top of your screen, and then be prompted to "Certify as Player". This is the equivalent of signing a paper scorecard and satisfies the requirements of Rule 3.3b. Scores will be considered official and returned once the player has left the scoring area as defined in the Notice to Players.
- Digital Scorecard Training - A step-by-step guide to digital scorecards.
Staff contact information is available in the Notice to Players (see link above) if you have any questions after your round.
Please direct any questions concerning this event to the NCGA Rules and Competitions department at (831)625-4653.