2021 WGANC LEGACY STROKE PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP
Claremont CC & Sequoyah CC
June 14 & 15, 2021 (Note: changed from 15 & 16)
Monday & Tuesday
5295 Broadway Terrace
Oakland, CA 94618
Pro Shop: (510) 653-6789
4550 Heafey Rd,
Oakland, CA 94605
Pro Shop: (510) 632-4069
PLEASE REVIEW: WGANC Tournament Golf Procedures During
Note: Masks are required by Claremont CC and Sequoyah CC around the clubhouse area.
Carts: 2 players to a cart
Two-Day, Individual Stroke Play.
Using each player’s June 7th Handicap Index
- Individual Stroke play
- Flights by USGA Handicap Index
- Awards: Equal gross and net awards in each flight.
- Monday is 12:00 p.m. shotgun and Tuesday an 8:00 a.m. shotgun.
Upon arrival, please check in.
All necessary paperwork will be sent to you no later than June 11. No paper materials will be provided or available on site. Please print out and bring with you the following:
- Hard Card
- Scorecards (scorecards are available to print as a convenience for players but have no Rules status). Your Golf Genius ID number (GGID) will be printed on your scorecard.
- Pairings Sheet
- Claremont Hole Locations
- Claremont Local Rules
- Sequoyah Hole Locations
- Sequoyah Local Rules
- Flights List
- Pace of Play Attention Competitors
Food and Beverage Availability: Players with dietary restrictions, please email Christine Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org by June 7.
Lunch: Box lunch to go: Roast Turkey & Roast Beef on a Hoagie Roll
served with a bag of chips, apple, chocolate chip cookie (no beverage)
Location: Players will pick up at Check-In Table - Time: Time depending on starting time
Breakfast: “Grab and Go” Boxed Breakfast at check-in table: Black Forest Ham & Egg Sandwich with Cheddar Cheese, Donut Holes and Fruit Salad
Lunch: Plated lunch served on the pool patio. Chicken Enchiladas with sides
Players will be responsible to bring their own refillable water bottle.
The driving range opens at 10:30 a.m. Please limit your warm-up to 20 minutes. Limited number of stalls on the driving range.
Players are expected to arrive at their first tee with the latest version of the USGA Tournament Management or GolfGenius app. The player GGID is available on the scorecard PDF and the Tee Sheet. When logging in, you MUST login using the provided Player GGID or you will not get access to the digital scorecard portion of the app. This is slightly different from the mobile scoring you have done previously, where only one player in the group does the scoring. Please click the link to familiarize with the new digital scoring:
- DURING THE ROUND - Within the group, players will be marking for one other player (just as you would with a paper scorecard). The electronic scorecard has a section for "Marker's Notes". This is the equivalent to the tear strip at the top of a scorecard where the marker may keep his or her own scores.
- WHEN ROUND IS COMPLETED - At the end of the round, all players in the group must report any rules issues to the committee and confirm hole-by-hole scores are correct. If there are any discrepancies between your "Marker's Notes" and the scores your marker entered for you, they will be highlighted in yellow.
- CERTIFYING SCORES - Once all scores are correct you will be prompted to "Certify as Marker" and then you will move to "My Scores", located at the top of your screen, and then be prompted to "Certify as Player". This is the equivalent of signing a paper scorecard and satisfies the requirements of Rule 3.3b. Scores will be considered official and returned once the player has left the defined scoring area. The scoring area will be defined within The Notice to Players.
All questions concerning your entry into this tournament should be directed to me personally with a follow up email. If you leave a message and do not receive a return call within 24 hours, please call me again to ensure your message was received. email@example.com
Awards: Overall Gross Champion. The 36 hole gross score determines the winner. A tie will be broken by a hole-by-hole sudden death playoff. Ties within the flights will be broken by the USGA modified tie-breaker method. Equal gross and net silver pendants awarded in each flight. The overall gross champion will get her name engraved on the perpetual trophy.
2020 Results 2020 Photos Past Champions
2020 Overall Stroke Play Champion: Tina Barker - 73 (gross score)