Northern California Golf Association
57th Annual Senior Net Championship Qualifying
Haggin Oaks GC
Wednesday, April 28th, 2021
Player Information Sheet
Haggin Oaks GC
3645 Fulton Ave
Sacramento, CA 95821
PLEASE REVIEW: NCGA “Play it Safe – COVID-19 Tournament Policies”
18 holes of Individual Stroke Play. The April 26th Handicap Index Revision will be used; course handicap will be at 95%. Play will be from the THREE OAKS tees for men and TWO OAKS tees for women. The number of qualifying spots available at each qualifying site will be determined based on the total number of players and the final field size at each site. Final numbers of spots will be available from the Committee on the day of qualifying. Ties for the final qualifying spot will be determined by the USGA recommended method of matching score cards. Qualifiers will advance to the Championship at Poppy Hills GC on June 7-8, 2021.
The first tee time is at 8:03 AM off Tee 1 in 9-minute intervals. Players should be at the first tee immediately following the group in front of them. Please do not congregate near the first tee. Pairings will be posted by Wednesday, April 21st.
Practice Round Information:
Practice rounds are subject to availability and must be booked through the pro shop or online in advance. Please contact the course for the most up to date rate information.
Local Rules / Scorecards:
All paperwork will be available for players on or before Tuesday, April 27th via the links below:
- Notice to Players (Local Rules)
- Scorecards (scorecards are available to print as a convenience for players, but have no Rules status)
No paper materials will be provided or available on site.
Food and Beverage Availability:
Restaurant will be open by 6:30 AM. There will also be a beverage cart during the round.
The driving range is open and spaced for safe distancing. We ask players to limit their warm-up and arrival time. The practice putting and chipping greens are available only for the 2nd and 3rd up groups, meaning within 20 minutes of your starting time. Please do not use the practice greens prior to 20 minutes before your starting time.
Player Cart Information:
Golf carts are optional at the player’s expense. Cart fee is $18 per person. Golf carts are limited to one rider per cart. Players from the same household and fully vaccinated (2 weeks after last shot) players may ride together in a golf cart. A maximum of two carts per group is permitted. Spectator carts are prohibited.
Prior to the first day of the event, you must make yourself familiar with the Player Handbook, Hard Card, and Pace of Play Policy.
See the above links for policies on Dress Code, Withdrawals, No Shows, and Conditions of Competition. It is the PLAYER’S responsibility to know the Rules and Conditions of the Competition.
Golf Shoes: Model Local Rule G-7 is in effect.
The maximum allowable score for a player on any hole is 9, Rule 21.2 applies.
Alternative to Stroke and Distance:
Model Local Rule E-5 is in effect.
Scoring: Players are expected to arrive at their first tee with the latest version of the GolfGenius or USGA Tournament Management App. The player GGID is available on the scorecard PDF available above and will be given to you on the first tee by the starter. When logging in, you MUST login using the provided Player GGID or you will not get access to the digital scorecard portion of the app.
- DURING THE ROUND - Within the group, players will be marking for one other player (just as you would with a paper scorecard). The electronic scorecard has a section for "Marker's Notes". This is the equivalent to the tear strip at the top of a scorecard where the marker may keep his or her own scores.
- WHEN ROUND IS COMPLETED - At the end of the round, all players in the group must report any rules issues to the committee and confirm hole-by-hole scores are correct. If there are any discrepancies between your "Marker's Notes" and the scores your marker entered for you, they will be highlighted in yellow.
- CERTIFYING SCORES - Once all scores are correct you will be prompted to "Certify as Marker" and then you will move to "My Scores", located at the top of your screen, and then be prompted to "Certify as Player". This is the equivalent of signing a paper scorecard and satisfies the requirements of Rule 3.3b. Scores will be considered official and returned once the player has left the scoring area as defined in the Notice to Players.
- Digital Scorecard Training - A step-by-step guide to digital scorecards.
Staff contact information is available in the Notice to Players (see link above) if you have any questions after your round.
Please direct any questions concerning this event to the NCGA Rules and Competitions department at (831)625-4653.