Northern California Golf Association
U.S. Amateur Championship Qualifying
El Macero CC
July 19, 2021
Player Information Sheet
Club Information (website/directions):
El Macero Country Club
44571 Clubhouse Dr
El Macero, CA 95618
Two 18 hole stipulated rounds of individual stroke play. Contestants will play from the WHITE USGA Markers wherever they are situated (see Yardage sheet). The low two individual scores will advance to the U.S. Amateur Championship at Oakmont Country Club on August 9-15, 2021. Any play-offs will take place Immediately after the conclusion of play for the last spot and two alternate positions.
Starting times will start at 7:30 am off #1 and #10 / 1:00 PM pm off #1 and #10. Please check the NCGA website for groupings and starting times. Please be at your assigned tee at least 10 minutes prior to your starting time.
Local Rules / Hole Locations / Scorecards:
All paperwork will be available to players ONLINE linked below on July 18th (Hole Location Sheets will be provided at the player’s starting tee):
- Notice to Players (Local Rules)
- Scorecards - AM Wave (scorecards are available to print as a convenience for players, but have no Rules status)
- Scorecards - PM Wave
- Pace of Play Policy
Practice Round Information:
Fee - $65 (Tue-Thurs) $75 (Fri-Sun after 1:00pm); carts are optional at $16 per player. Starting times are on a space available basis. Call the Pro Shop at the number above to arrange a practice round.
Players are expected to download the USGA TM app (or Golf Genius). If you have previously downloaded the app please make sure you have the most up to date version. The player GGID is available on the scorecard PDF available above and will be given to you on the first tee by the starter.
- DURING THE ROUND - Within the group, players will be marking for one other player (just as you would with a paper scorecard). The electronic scorecard has a section for "Marker's Notes". This is the equivalent to the tear strip at the top of a scorecard where the marker may keep his or her own scores.
- WHEN IS ROUND IS COMPLETED - At the end of the round, all players in the group must report any rules issues to the committee and confirm hole-by-hole scores are correct. If there are any discrepancies between your "Marker's Notes" and the scores your marker entered for you, they will be highlighted in yellow.
- CERTIFYING SCORES - Once all scores are correct you will be prompted to "Certify as Marker" and then you will move to "My Scores", located at the top of your screen, and then be prompted to "Certify as Player". This is the equivalent of signing a paper scorecard and satisfies the requirements of Rule 3.3b. Scores will be considered to be official and returned once the player has left the defined scoring area, the scoring area will be defined within The Notice to Players.
- Staff contact information is available in the Notice to Players linked above if you have any questions after your round.
- For guidance using the Mobile Scoring App, please see this training video.
Automotive transportation is prohibited. Players and caddies must walk. Pull-carts are permitted. SPECTATOR CARTS ARE PROHIBITED.
Caddies are permitted.
The practice range will open at 6:30am. Pay special attention to signs at range for specific restrictions.
Cash, credit cards, and reciprocal charges are accepted for all purchases (golf shop and food and beverage).
Food and Beverage Information:
The snack bar will open at 6:30AM and stay open midafternoon.
Notify the NCGA at 831-625-4653 to withdraw. Players that fail to notify the NCGA prior to their starting time will be listed as No Shows.
In the event of injury or illness, contact the USGA at 908-234-2400 for a refund prior to August 15, 2021. No refunds will be issued after August 15, 2021.
ADDITIONAL RULES INFORMATION
The USGA Rules of Golf are in effect and are supplemented by the 2021USGA Hard Card. The Committee will provide any additional Local Rules needed at the qualifying site. It is the player’s responsibility to know the conditions of the competition.
Limitation of Golf Balls:
The optional condition in Appendix I known as the “One Ball” Rule is in effect. See Model Local Rule G-4.
The use of automotive transportation is prohibited for players and caddies. See Model Local Rule G-6.
The Optional Local Rule permitting the use of distance-measuring devices that measure distance only is in effect.
Shoes with traditionally-designed spikes (regardless of composition, i.e., ceramic, plastic, etc.) or spikes, regardless of design, comprised either entirely or partially of metal (if such metal may come into contact with the course) are prohibited during the stipulated round. Penalty for breach of this condition: DISQUALIFICATION.
Optional condition prescribed in Decision 4-1/1 is in effect. You may check to see if your grooves are conforming by using the Informational Club Database - - http://www.usga.org/InfoClubsDB/intro.html