121st U.S. Amateur Championship
Seven Oaks at Colgate University (Hamilton, NY)
Monday, July 19, 2021
All documents will be provided to players via email and are available to download below. Printed copies will be available.
Individuals who are fully vaccinated are not required to social distance or wear a facemask. Those who are not fully vaccinated must follow CDC guidelines by wearing a mask indoors and when unable to social distance outdoors. Any person who misrepresents their vaccination status by not following these recommendations will be subject to disqualification from future NYSGA competitions. The NYSGA will respect the choice of individual to wear a mask for any reason.
Click here to view the entry for this Championship.
FORMAT, QUALIFYING PLACES, AND TIES
- FORMAT. 36-holes of individual stroke play
- QUALIFYING SPOTS. 3 qualifying spots and 2 alternates.
- PLAYOFF. A hole-by-hole playoff will be used to break a tie for the final qualifying spot, first alternate, and/or second alternate. All announcements regarding the play-off will be made at the public scoreboard upon completion of play.
Click here to view the groupings and starting times for the first round.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS - MONDAY, JULY 19
- 6:00am..................Driving range opens
- 7:30-9:20am..........Round 1 from tees #1 and #10
- 11:30-3:00pm........Player lunch
- 12:30-2:20pm........Round 2 from tees #1 and #10
Practice rounds ($40 fee) are available on Sunday, July 18, 2021 (and other dates based on availability). The non-player fee to play is $85 walking/$105 riding. Tee times are required (see below for the phone number).
PRO SHOP AND PRACTICE FACILITIES
The golf shop and practice facilities will open at 6:30am. Complimentary balls will be available on the driving range.
Play will be from the black tee yardage (click here to view scorecard). The final yardage for the qualifier may vary slightly based on course conditions and the weather.
REGISTRATION AND START OF PLAY
There is no registration. Players are to report to their assigned tee, ready to play, 10 minutes prior to their scheduled starting time.
- The clubhouse hours are TBA.
- Complimentary water and energy bars/bananas will be available for players and caddies on the 1st and 10th tees.
- The NYSGA will provide a complimentary lunch for players after the first round.
A player may bring her own caddie or carry his own clubs. There are no caddies available through the host club. A player is not required to employ a caddie for any stage of the Championship.
The use of a push cart is permitted.
Tuesday, July 20, 2021.
LOCAL RULES AND CONDITIONS
Listed below are a number of important Conditions of Competition and Local Rules for this qualifier.
- RULES OF GOLF; WHEN COMPETITION IS FINAL. Play will be governed by The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and R&A. Questions are to be referred to the NYSGA Rules Committee, whose decision will be final. The result of this qualifier is final when the qualifier awards have been presented.
- USGA LOCAL RULES AND TERMS OF THE COMPETITION (HARD CARD). Click here.
- GOLF BALLS; DRIVER HEADS. Model Local Rules G-1 and G-3 are in effect. Visit the USGA website for a list of approved golf balls (click here) and driver heads (click here).
- CLUBS; GROOVES. Model Local Rule G-2 is in effect. The players’ clubs must conform to the grooves and punch mark specifications in The Rules of Golf that are effective from January 1, 2010. The exception for Ping Eye2 Irons manufactured before March 31, 1990 is not in effect (click here).
- ONE BALL RULE. The one ball Rule is in effect, see Model Local Rule G-4.
- DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES. The use of a distance measuring device during the stipulated round is permitted.
- PROHIBITION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF SHOES. The Local Rule as prescribed in Section 8 of the Committee Procedures is in effect. See Model Local Rule G-7.
- PERSONAL APPEARANCE. Players must be neat in appearance with respect to personal grooming and clothing.
PROHIBITATING USE OF MOTORIZED TRANSPORTATION (LOCAL RULE G-6)
Players must not ride on any form of transportation during a stipulated round unless authorized by the Committee. The optional condition prescribed in Section 8 of the Committee Procedures will be in effect. A breach will result in the general penalty, two-strokes, on each hole where the breach occurred.
REQUESTING USE OF A CART
A disabled player or caddie may be permitted to use a golf cart as an accommodation to his or her ability. As required by the ADA, the USGA will evaluate such requests on a case-by-case basis. To learn more and to submit the required form, click here.
Spectators are permitted. Spectators must wear a mask while they are on club property (indoors and outdoors).
A disabled spectator may be permitted to use a golf cart. As required by the ADA, the NYSGA will evaluate such requestes on a case-by-case basis. To complete and return the required form, click here.
WITHDRAWAL FROM QUALIFYING
To withdraw, notify the USGA (complete this online form, call 908-326-1950, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Official in Charge (see below) prior to the scheduled qualifying round. Failure to do so may result in disqualification from future USGA competitions.
PACE OF PLAY
It is a condition that players must play without undue delay in accordance with guidelines established by the Committee. The NYSGA's Pace of Play policy will be provided when pairings are emailed to players.
In the event of a discontinuance of play during the qualifier, players must adhere to the evacuation plan distributed by the Committee at their starting tee.
SEVEN OAKS AT COLGATE UNIVERSITY
2 East Lake Road, Hamilton, NY 13346
Dallas Pylinski, Director of Golf
Jon McConville, Superintendent
Andrew Hickey, New York State Golf Association
(315) 471-6979 - Office