2021 BDGA John Rehak Scholarship Fundraiser
River Oaks Golf Club
Monday, October 4, 2021
Terms of the Competition
This annual fundraiser allows the BDGA to provide college scholarships to talented, intelligent junior golfers. We hope you'll join us for an enjoyable, entertaining day on the links to support the BDGA's Scholarship Program!
ENTRIES, DEADLINE, AND REFUND POLICY
- Entries: An entry with full payment must be submitted online prior to the deadline. Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
- Entry Fee: $400 per team. This includes one round of golf, cart, dinner, prizes, and awards. Individuals may register for $100 to be paired with other individuals who can not field a team
- Deadline: Entries must be received prior to the deadline (5PM EST on Wednesday, September 29, 2021). Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
- Refund Policy: The entry fee, less a $10 service fee, will be refunded if a player withdraws prior to the close of entries. No refunds are given after this time.
FORMAT: FOUR-PERSON SCRAMBLE
The format is four-person scramble. Instructions for the ball to be played is outlined below:
- General Area: When the ball is in the general area (not in a penalty area, bunker or on a putting green), the ball may be lifted, cleaned and placed within one club-length of its original position, no closer to the hole. A ball may not be moved from a spot in the general area (fringe/rough) onto a green.
- Putting Green: When a ball is on a putting green, all players must putt from that spot.
- Penalty Areas and Bunkers: If a ball is in a bunker or penalty area, the ball must be played as it lies. The second ball must be dropped from knee height as near as possible to the spot of the first ball. The ball cannot be placed in a hazard.
- Unmarked Areas: Any unmarked areas are considered in the general area.
Ties will be broken using the matching of scorecards starting on the #1 Handicapped Hole.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
11:15am - 12:40pm................Contestant registration, driving range is open, Raffles
12:40pm - 12:50pm................Announcements
5:30pm....................................Player awards, Prize Raffle, Dinner
GOLF CARTS AND RANGE
Payment for use of golf carts and the range is included in the entry fee.
Players wishing to participate may register as a team or individual, and in the latter case, we would be happy to pair you with other fun golfers! Registration is open online, but if you'd prefer to register by phone or mail, please email the BDGA directly at email@example.com.
Tee sponsors are available for $100.
SPONSORSHIPS & DONATIONS
The BDGA is offering sponsorship opportunities for this event, including the sale of Tee Signs for $100. Donations, whether monetary or prizes for the raffle are greatly appreciated. Please contact the BDGA Executive Director, Jack Travers (firstname.lastname@example.org | 716-957-2386) for more information.
RIVER OAKS GOLF CLUB
201 Whitehaven Road Grand Island, NY 14072
Ryan Higgins, PGA
Jack Travers, Executive Director
(716) 957-2386 - Cell