2022 WA Golf Women's Net Four-Ball Match Play
A fun event bringing flexibility, inclusiveness, and camaraderie to golfers in Washington & Northern Idaho. Choose the course, choose the tees, choose the time, and climb the bracket to the final weekend!
New features in 2022 include three guaranteed matches for each team and an all-inclusive Final Weekend hosted by Gamble Sands.
Before registering your team, please ensure that EACH PLAYER has an active Golf Genius account with Washington Golf. Click here to create your account.
Entry Fee: $150 per team
Entries Open: Monday, January 31st at 9:00am
Entry Deadline: Monday, April 25th at 4:30pm
Eligibility: Entries are open to teams of female golfers who have an up-to-date USGA Handicap Index issued by Washington Golf. Players must reach their 18th birthday by May 1, 2022.
Dates: May 1 – October 2, 2022
Format: All matches are to be played in the Net Four-Ball Match Play format. An 85% handicap allocation should be used for all matches.
All teams will be guaranteed three matches. Teams will be placed into a pod of four where each team plays each other once. Teams will have two months to schedule and complete their three Pod Play matches. The two teams with the best records in each pod after completion of matches will advance to Bracket Play. Teams that advance to Bracket Play will have approximately one month to play their match in each round. The final eight teams remaining in both the Men’s and Women’s fields will receive an invitation to compete in the Final Weekend at Gamble Sands during the weekend of September 30 – October 2. Double occupancy lodging, golf, cart fees and daily lunch will be covered for all teams that reach the Final Weekend.
Handicaps: Handicap indexes will be used as they stand on the day of the match. All players will choose the set of tees they would like to play from. Players will receive 85% of their course handicap for net scoring. All matches will be played off of the low Playing Handicap in the group. The GHIN Mobile App must be used to determine playing handicaps from each player’s selected tee. PLEASE REFERENCE THE HANDICAP CALCULATOR GUIDE.
Each team will select a region to compete in based on their location (West or Central/East). Teams and partners are encouraged to select a region in which they reside. Use the following list of counties to determine which region is best for you:
- Western counties – Pierce, Thurston, Kitsap, Clallam, Jefferson, Skamania, Clark, Cowlitz, Pacific, Mason, Grays Harbor and Wahkiakum, King, Snohomish, Skagit, Whatcom, Island and San Juan.
- Central / East counties – Okanogan, Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, Grant, Yakima, Benton, Klickitat, Walla Walla, Franklin, Spokane, Ferry, Stevens, Pend Oreille, Lincoln, Adams, Whitman, Garfield, Columbia, Asotin and Northern Idaho.
- Two tee prizes, one for each player
- $10,000* Merchandise Payout for teams reaching the semifinals and finals in each of the four divisions
- Each of the final eight teams will receive an invitation to compete in the all-inclusive Final Weekend at Gamble Sands during the weekend of September 30-October 2, 2022.
$10,000* Merchandise Payout will be awarded to teams reaching the semifinals and finals in each of the four divisions. Payouts are made in the form of shop credit at Gamble Sands. Credit can be used for greens fees at Gamble Sands, merchandise, etc.
*$10,000 payout based on full Men's and Women's fields.
- Pod Play: May 1st – June 30th
- Bracket Play Round 1: July 1-31
- Bracket Play Round 2: August 1-31
- Bracket Play Round of 16: September 1-25
Final weekend at Gamble Sands:
- Quarterfinals: Friday, September 30th at Gamble Sands
- Semifinals: Saturday, October 1st at Gamble Sands
- Final matches: Sunday, October 2nd at Gamble Sands
Scheduling Pod Play Matches: At the start of Pod Play, WA Golf staff will email all four teams in the pod to exchange contact information. Each team will play one match against each other team in their pod. The two teams with the best records in each pod after completion of all matches will advance to Bracket Play. The team with the best pod record will be the one seed, the team with the second best record will be the two seed.
Scheduling Matches Bracket Play: At the start of each Bracket Play round, WA Golf staff will email the teams facing each other to exchange contact information. Teams will have approximately one month to schedule, play and report their match for each round. The winning team will advance to the next round and the losing team will be eliminated.
If teams in a match cannot decide on a course, WA Golf Staff will choose a centrally located course for the match. If a date cannot be decided on and if a match is not played, the match will be decided by a coin flip by WA Golf Staff.
Regional Contacts: Any issues should be directed to the WA Golf staff member representing each region:
West Region: Collin Westwood | email@example.com
West Region: Torrin Westwood | firstname.lastname@example.org
West Region: Audrey Orem | email@example.com
Central/East Region: Vinny Fiorino | firstname.lastname@example.org