Missouri Golf Association
Men's Hieronymus Cup Matches
Highland Springs Country Club, Springfield / October 8-9, 2022
2022 Team Captains
West: Jamie Hathcock and Senior Captain: Chuck Admire
East: Chris Kovach and Senior Captain: David Pfeil
- Gender: The Championship is open to male amateur golfers based on points earned in the MGA Point Events.
- Membership: Players must be a member of the MGA.
- Age: There are no age restrictions.
- USGA Handicap Index: Players must have an up-to-date USGA Handicap Index.
HIERONYMUS CUP POINT TABLES
There are two Divisions regular and senior (50+) within each Cup Team
Cup Match Teams: (collegiate players are not eligible)
20 players represent the East side
20 players represent the West side
The 20 players from each side are chosen by:
>8 of the top 20 are chosen from the current year’s Hieronymus Cup Team point standings
>8 of the top 20 are chosen from the current year Hieronymus Senior Cup Team point standings
>The remaining 4 are chosen by the Team Captains
2 from the championship division and 2 from the senior division
- Entries: Player must register online prior to the established deadline (see below).
- Fee: This championship entry fee $150. (includes, team attire, social events, golf)
- Deadline: Entries must be received prior to the deadline (Time on Date, Date Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason)
- Refund Policy: A portion of the entry fee, will be based on the schedule below, will be refunded regardless of reason if the MGA is notified 573-636-8994 or via email: Prior to Deadline: Entry fee less $30. After the Deadline: No Refund.
CHAMPIONSHIPS, FORMAT, & SCHEDULE
Friday, October 7
Saturday, October 8
8:15 AM Four Ball Matches
PM Alternate Shot Matches
Sunday, October 9
8:15 AM Singles Matches
Like the Curtis, Solheim, Walker or Ryder Cups, Missouri players earn their way on to the East and West teams by virtue of their performances in that particular season. Between the western and eastern sides of the state, U.S. Highway 63 is the dividing line. Players living in cities on or west of Highway 63 are on the West Team, players living to the east of the highway are on the East Team.
Predecessors to the H-Cup were cup team competitions in the 1970s and 80’s consisted of teams of amateurs vs. pros and were run by the Midwest and Gateway PGA sections. The MGA began the Missouri Cup in 1994 and in 1997 the name was changed to the Hieronymus Cup in honor of Damon Hieronymus of Sedalia. Damon was an MGA board member and junior golf enthusiast until his death in 1997. He and Ken Lanning were the driving forces behind the Missouri juniors golf program through the 1960’s, 70’s and 80’s. Damon left a trust fund to the MGA to be used for the betterment of amateur and junior golf in the state of Missouri. In 2007 and 2009 the format was expanded to include more senior players, ten seniors and ten players age 49 and younger.
MGA CONTACT INFORMATION
573-636-8994 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CONDITIONS; TERMS; SCHEDULES
The MGA reserves the right to amend any of the conditions, terms, or schedules published for this Championship. The decision of the MGA in any matter will be final.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
Thank you to our valued sponsors! Their support of the MGA and our member golf community helps us strengthen our services, member benefits and overall tournament experience.
For more information, click here.