Cal Cup Championship 2022
Nov 12 -13, 2022
Cal Cup 2022 Qualifiers
What is Cal Cup?
This is a team match play competition between (8) California chapters. Similar to Solheim Cup...Day 1 is partner day in either a better ball or alternate shot format. Day 2 is individual head on matches.
A 12-player team will represent San Diego at Rancho Bernardo Inn for the dates of November 12 & 13, 2022.
To qualify, you must play four (4) pre-selected matches against a fellow San Diego member as well as meet the qualifier eligibility criteria listed below. Players with the best records will make the team!
What is Match Play and how does it differ from Stoke play? Click on link below:
- Registration for SD Cal Cup Qualifiers will be open from June 7 - June 21, 2022. You must register and have met/plan to meet eligibility requirements before registering.
- You must have participated/or plan to participate in four (4) chapter events between 1/1/22 - 9/1/22. If you do not play in the four (4) required chapter events by 9/1/22, you will not be eligible for the team. We have many, many chapter events scheduled between now and September 1st.
- You must have an established handicap index as of June 21, 2022.
Other Requirements / Information
- You must be committed to playing all (4) of your designated qualifying matches. All qualifying matches will take place between July 2 - September 26, 2022. Team will be announced by October 1, 2022.
- If you make the team, we ask that you be committed to participate in the Cal Cup tournament and at least 1 practice round with the SD team.
- The cost is $375.00 which includes (2) rounds of tournament golf, Friday reception, Saturday buffet lunch & Sunday awards luncheon. There is an optional Friday practice round at an additional cost. There will also be an additional cost for San Diego team uniform TBD.
- For qualifying matches, you and your opponent choose the date to play your match, choose the course to play on & play!
- Course must be par 71/72.
- You must follow USGA match play rules and regulations.
- You will be given date parameters of when each match must be completed by.
- We will also have chapter events where you and your opponent can pre-arrange to play your match - Twin Oaks (7/10), Coronado (8/7), St. Mark (9/11), Crossings (9/19), Enagic (9/25).
- Match schedule will be sent out with your first two matches by July 1, 2022.
Registration Opens: June 7, 2022 at 6:00 am
Registration Closes: June 21, 2022 at 11:00 pm
Eligibility Deadline: Participation in four (4) SD Chapter events between January 1, 2022 through September 1, 2022.
Have a Handicap Index: June 21, 2022
Qualifying Match Play: Between July 2, 2022 - September 26, 2022
Team Announced: October 1, 2022
If you have any questions, please contact Stacey Hayashi, SD Cal Cup Team Captain at email@example.com or Karen Bridges, SD Cal Cup Assistant Captain, at firstname.lastname@example.org