74th U.S. Junior Amateur Championship
Teugega Country Club (Rome, NY)
Monday, June 27, 2022
Entries Close May 25, 2022 (5PM EDT)
Memorandum to Players
All documents will be provided to players via email and are available to download below. Printed copies will be available.
- Notice to Players (Rules)
- USGA Hard Card
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic, players are expected to read and adhere to the NYSGA's COVID-19 Tournament Policeis and Procedures.
Click here to download this championship's Informational PDF.
There are two sectional qualifiers being conducted at Teugega on Monday, June 27: (1) the 73rd U.S. Girls' Junior Amateur SQR and (2) 74th U.S. Junior Amateur SQR.
FORMAT, QUALIFYING PLACES, AND TIES
- FORMAT. 18-holes of individual stroke play
- QUALIFYING SPOTS. The starting field of 30 players will compete for 2 qualifying place and 2 alternate positions.
- PLAYOFF. A hole-by-hole playoff will be used to break a tie for the final qualifying spot, first alternate, and/or second alternate. All announcements regarding the play-off will be made at the public scoreboard upon completion of play.
Click here to view the groupings and starting times.
Practice rounds ($40 fee) are available for on Sunday, June 26 only. To secure a practice round tee time, DO NOT CALL THE PRO SHOP. Players must register for a practice round via the website noted below, which will become active at 12:00pm on Wednesday, June 1st. Practice rounds are for players only.
- Visit "Schedule Your Practice Round" in the "Qualifier Information" menu (active 6/1 at 12pm)
- Select your name from the search bar
- Select your desired tee time
- If you need assistance, please call the NYSGA office at 315-471-6979
PRO SHOP AND PRACTICE FACILITIES
The golf shop and practice facilities will open at 7:00am. Complimentary balls will be available on the driving range. The driving range is limited distance (150 yards).
The Delta Knolls Golf Center's public driving range (no distance limit) is located less than 1/2 mile from the Teugega clubhouse. The NYSGA has arranged that players will receive one (1) free bucket of medium balls on Monday morning. Players can pay the difference to get a large bucket (cash only). The range will be open starting at 6:45am.
The yardage has been determined based on USGA guidance for this Championship. The yardage reflected closely mirrors the white tees at Teugega. There may be slight adjustments due to course and weather conditions.
REGISTRATION AND START OF PLAY
There is no registration. Players are to report to their assigned tee, ready to play, 10 minutes prior to their scheduled starting time.
- A bagged lunch will be provided at the turn (turkey or vegetarian wrap). Otherwise there is no restaurant open at the club.
- Complimentary water and energy bars/bananas will be available for players and caddies on the 1st and 10th tees.
A player may bring her own caddie or carry his own clubs. There are no caddies available through the host club. A player is not required to employ a caddie for any stage of the Championship.
- Exception: A player may NOT use a parent, step-parent, or a guardian as a caddie.
Tuesday, June 27, 2022
LOCAL RULES AND CONDITIONS
Listed below are a number of important Conditions of Competition and Local Rules for this qualifier.
- RULES OF GOLF; WHEN COMPETITION IS FINAL. Play will be governed by The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and R&A. Questions are to be referred to the NYSGA Rules Committee, whose decision will be final. The result of this qualifier is final when the qualifier awards have been presented.
- USGA LOCAL RULES AND TERMS OF THE COMPETITION (HARD CARD). Click here.
- GOLF BALLS; DRIVER HEADS. Model Local Rules G-1 and G-3 are in effect. Visit the USGA website for a list of approved golf balls (click here) and driver heads (click here).
- CLUBS; GROOVES. Model Local Rule G-2 is in effect. The players’ clubs must conform to the grooves and punch mark specifications in The Rules of Golf that are effective from January 1, 2010. The exception for Ping Eye2 Irons manufactured before March 31, 1990 is not in effect. (click here).
- ONE BALL RULE. The one ball Rule is in effect, see Model Local Rule G-4.
- DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES. The use of a distance measuring device during the stipulated round is permitted.
- PROHIBITION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF SHOES. The Local Rule as prescribed in Section 8 of the Committee Procedures is in effect. See Model Local Rule G-7.
- PERSONAL APPEARANCE. Players must be neat in appearance with respect to personal grooming and clothing.
PROHIBITATING USE OF MOTORIZED TRANSPORTATION (LOCAL RULE G-6)
Players must not ride on any form of transportation during a stipulated round unless authorized by the Committee. The optional condition prescribed in Section 8 of the Committee Procedures will be in effect. A breach will result in the general penalty, two-strokes, on each hole where the breach occurred.
REQUESTING USE OF A CART
A disabled player or caddie may be permitted to use a golf cart as an accommodation to his or her ability. As required by the ADA, the USGA will evaluate such requests on a case-by-case basis. To learn more and to submit the required form, click here.
Spectators are permitted and asked to stay 'outside the ropes' during play except for brief interactions with players when necessary. Golf attire is recommended.
A disabled spectator may be permitted to use a golf cart. As required by the ADA, the NYSGA will evaluate such requestes on a case-by-case basis. To complete and return the required form, click here.
WITHDRAWAL FROM QUALIFYING
To withdraw, notify the USGA (complete this online form, call 908-326-1950, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Official in Charge (see below) prior to the scheduled qualifying round. Failure to do so may result in disqualification from future USGA competitions.
PACE OF PLAY
It is a condition that players must play without undue delay in accordance with guidelines established by the Committee.
In the event of a discontinuance of play during the qualifier, players must adhere to the evacuation plan distributed by the Committee at their starting tee.
TEUGEGA COUNTRY CLUB
6801 Golf Course Road, Rome, NY 13440
Steven Campanaro, PGA
Andrew Hickey, New York State Golf Association