2022 New York State
Men's Mid-Amateur Championship
Colgate University's Seven Oaks GC (Hamilton) | September 23-25
Terms of the Competition
- Gender: The Championship is open to male amateur golfers.
- Membership: Players must be a member of the NYSGA, defined as either belonging to an NYSGA member club or an NYSGA eClub (NYS residency required of eClub members).
- Age: Players must be at least 25 years old by September 23, 2022.
- USGA Handicap Index: Players must have an up-to-date USGA Handicap Index of 10.4 or less issued by their NYSGA member club.
- Entries: Player must register online prior to the established deadline (see below). Entries by mail or fax will not be accepted. A player may only submit one entry. Any player found to have submitted more than one entry may be subject to disqualification.
- Fee: This championship utilizes a two-tiered entry fee, with a total fee of $200.
- Qualifying Fee: $100
- Championship Fee: $100, charged to players who advance through qualifying
- Deadline: Entries must be received prior to the deadline (12PM EST on Wednesday, August 17, 2022). Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
- Refund Policy: A portion of the entry fee, based on the schedule below, will be refunded regardless of reason if the NYSGA is notified (315-471-6979 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org): Prior to Deadline: Entry fee less $20.
CHAMPIONSHIPS, FORMAT, & SCHEDULE
This Championship will be in two stages, at stroke play:
- Sectional Qualifying - 18 holes: Non-exempt players must qualify at one of the sectional qualifying sites listed below.a
- Championship - 54 holes: The championship field consists of place-winners from sectional qualifying and exempt players
- Thursday, September 22 // Practice rounds
- Friday, September 23 // Round 1, 18 holes
- Saturday, September 24 // Round 2, 18 holes
- Sunday, September 25 // Rounds 3, 18 holes
There is a cut after 18 holes to the low 60 players and ties, and after 36 holes to the low-30 players and ties.
SECTIONAL QUALIFYING (SQR) SCHEDULE
All non-exempt players must qualify in order to earn a spot in this championship. Once entries close, the number of qualifying spots available per qualifying site will be available and posted. Any player tied for the last qualifying spot will advance (no playoff required).
- Albany | Ballston Spa CC | Mon, Aug. 29
- Binghamton | Binghamton CC | Mon, Aug. 22
- Buffalo | Pendelton Creek CC | Wed, Sept. 7
- Long Island | Bellport GC | Mon, Aug. 22
- Mid Hudson | Powelton GC | Mon, Sept. 12
- N. Country | Malone GC | Sat, Aug. 27
- Rochester | Blue Heron Hills | Fri, Sept. 9
- Syracuse | Tuscarora | Fri, Sept. 2
- Utica/Rome | Yahnundasis | Mon, Aug. 22
- Last Chance Qualifier | Seven Oaks GC | Thur, Sept. 22
Players in the following categories are exempt into the 2021 Championship. The NYSGA reserves the right to revise any of the exemption categories. Exempt players must submit an entry prior to the deadline (5PM EST on Wednesday, August 18, 2021).
- E1. Winners of the NYS Men's Mid-Amateur Championship from the last 20 years.
- E2. From the 2021 NYS Men's Mid-Amateur Championship, the 20 lowest scorers and anyone tied for 20th place.
- E3. Winners of the NYS Men's Amateur Championship from the last 10 years.
- E4. From the 2022 NYS Men's Amateur Championship, any player in the low 40 & ties.
- E5. Winners of the 2022 NYS Men's Amateur Four-Ball Championships.
- E6. From the 2022 NYS NYS Men's Senior Amateur Championship, the 5 lowest scorers and ties.
- E7. Most recent (as of September 22, 2022) winner or low amateur (*professional events) of the following regional championships:
Apogee Investment Management Championship
BDGA Buffalo District Individual Championship
BDGA Buffalo District Mid-Amateur Championship
CRAGA Capital Region Amateur Championship
Delaware County Amateur Championship
Dutchess County Amateur Championship
LIGA Individual Championship
MGA Ike Championship
MGA MET Amateur Championship
MGA MET Open*
RDGA Rochester District Individual Championship
- RDGA Rochester District Mid-Amateur Championship
SDGA Gerry Ashe Memorial
TCGA Amateur Championship
Ulster County Amateur Championship
Watertown City Championship
WGA Westchester Individual Championship
E8. From the 2022 Monroe Invitational, any player who advances through the 36 hole cut.
E9. From the 2022 Porter Cup, any player in the low 40 and ties.
E10. Players ranked in the top-4000 of the World Amateur Golf Rankings (WAGR).
E11. Players qualifying for most current (as of September 23, 2022) USGA Championships.
E12. Host club exemptions.
E13. Special exemptions as selected by the NYSGA.
Requests for a special exemption may be emailed, along with a tournament resume (click here for a template resume), to Jack Travers (email@example.com) by 12PM EST on Friday, August 12.
A competitor may bring his own caddie or carry his own clubs. There are no caddies available through the host club. A player is not required to employ a caddie for any stage of the Championship.
The use of a motorized golf cart is approved for all stages of this Championship.
INFORMATION & PAIRINGS
Complete Championship details, including information about practice rounds, pairings, starting times, and yardages played, will be emailed to players and posted on this website after entries close.
For a complete listing of NYSGA Championship Policies and Procedures, click here.
The NYSGA does not have a group hotel rate assigned for this Championship (NYSGA members may use Affinity Travel Benefits to save on lodging). Listed below are a small sample of hotels in the region, their distance from the golf course, and the estimated commute time.
- Colgate Inn (0.5 miles/1 min)*
- Hotel One75 (1.1 miles/2 min)*
- Hampton Inn & Suites Cazenovia (19.2 miles/ 26 min)*
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Verona (23.1 miles/30 min)
- Turning Stone Resort Casino (23.5 miles/30 min)
*There is a Colgate University football game on Saturday, September 24th, local hotels will have limited availability on this date (see Verona/Turning Stone for additional options).
NYSGA CONTACT INFORMATION
CONDITIONS; TERMS; SCHEDULES
The NYSGA reserves the right to amend any of the conditions, terms, or schedules published for this Championship. The decision of the NYSGA in any matter will be final.
To view past results for these Championships, click here.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
Thank you to our valued sponsors! Their support of the NYSGA and our member golf community helps us strengthen our services, member benefits and overall tournament experience.
For more information, click here.