83rd Connecticut Four-Ball Championship
August 24, 2023 - Wallingford Country Club
ELIGIBILITY: In addition to a player's agreement to abide by the CSGA General Tournament Policies, the following criteria is required:
- One member of the team must hold an active USGA Handicap Index from a CSGA Member Club
- Combined team handicap index must not exceed 16.0
- Connecticut Residents must be a bona fide member of a CSGA member club
- Non-residents of Connecticut must be a bona fide member of a Type 1 CSGA member club
ENTRY DEADLINE: Wednesday, August 2, 2023
ENTRY FEE: $200/team
CHAMPIONSHIP PROPER INFORMATION:
Format: 18-holes of four-ball stroke play.
Transportation & Caddies: Players are prohibited from using a caddie during the stipulated round. The use of automotive transportation is mandatory and included in the entry fee.
Withdrawals & Refunds: Refund less $25.00 administrative fee if requested prior to entry deadline. 50% refund after entry deadline and seven days prior to the event. Within seven days prior to the event there will be no refund. Any player who has competed in a qualifying round will be not be issued a refund if they are forced to withdraw from the championship proper.
All players are expected to complete the competition which they start. Acceptable reasons for withdrawal during a competition are physical injury, illness, or an emergency. Poor play is not an acceptable reason for withdrawal. A player who withdraws without an acceptable reason or without notifying CSGA personnel will be subject to suspension from future CSGA competitions. If a player is aware of a possibility of withdrawal (e.g. injury) they should notify the CSGA as soon as possible.
All players who start a round must return a scorecard personally to CSGA staff or a CSGA official even if they are officially withdrawing. Players who withdraw also must sign and attest that the hole by hole scores are correct for the fellow-competitor's scorecard they were keeping and return that card to the fellow-competitor or another marker in the group. Players who do not follow this policy will be subject to suspension from future CSGA competitions.
Conditions of Entry: By submitting an entry for any CSGA-administered competition, the contestant understands that their participation is at the sole discretion of the CSGA. A contestant may be removed from any competition at the discretion of the CSGA staff or Competitions Committee at any time before or during the competition. Incidents of unbecoming conduct or actions deemed to be detrimental to the image of the CSGA or the “Spirit of the Game” are grounds for such removal and suspension from future CSGA-administered competitions. These include, but are not limited to the following:
1) Willful damage of the golf course or golf course property
2) Club throwing or unnecessary club tossing
3) Offensive or unbecoming language
4) Public criticism of golf course or verbal abuse of CSGA staff, officials, volunteers, host club staff or other contestants
5) Potential endangerment of others
6) Conduct deemed unbecoming