TERMS OF THE COMPETITION
This championship is open to all New York State amateur golfers who meet the following requirements:
- Must hold active USGA/GHIN handicap index of 15.0 or less at an NYSGA member club or NYSGA eClub
- Players in the OPEN division must be 14 years old as of June 30, 2023
- Players in the SENIOR division must be 50 years old as of June 30, 2023
- Players in the WOMEN'S division must hold active USGA/GHIN handicap index of 20.0 or less at an NYSGA member club or NYSGA eClub
ENTRIES, DEADLINE, AND REFUND POLICY
- Entries: An entry must be submitted online with payment prior to the deadline. Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
- Entry Fee: $125. Includes green fees, range balls, prizes, and trophies.
- Deadline: Entries must be received prior to the deadline (Monday, June 26 at 5pm). Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
- Refund Policy: The entry fee, less a $20 service fee, will be refunded if a player withdraws 48 hours prior to the start of the event.
DIVISIONS, FORMAT, FIELD SIZE AND TIES
- Divisions: Open (all ages), Senior (ages 55+), Women (all ages)
- Format: 36 holes of individual stroke play (not cut).
- Field Size: The field is limited to the first 60 players to apply. After the field limit is reached players will be placed on a waitlist in order of registration.
- Ties: A tie for the winner of either division will be broken with a sudden-death playoff. All other ties will be broken using the USGA recommended method of matching scorecards.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- R1 - Friday, June 30 // Eagle Crest GC // Tee times begin 8:00am
- R2 - Saturday, July 1 // Van Patten GC // Tee times begin 8:00am
- Eagle Crest: TBA
- Van Patten: TBA
CAPITAL DISTRICT GOLFER OF THE YEAR COUNTING EVENT
This is a counting event for the 2023 Capital District Golfer of the Year.
All play will be governed by the USGA Rules of Golf.
The pairings will be posted/emailed to players on Tuesday, June 27. Pairing requests will not be accommodated.
Are not included in the entry fee - price TBA for each club, playable in the pro shop before each round.
Included with entry.
Trophies will be awarded to the winner of each division. Gift certificates to the host clubs will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each division.
Mike Dirkes, NYSGA
Salvatore Romano, President
David Smith, Vice President
EAGLE CREST GOLF CLUB
1004 NY-146A, Clifton Park, NY 12065
Scott Battiste, PGA
VAN PATTEN GOLF CLUB
924 Main St, Clifton Park, NY 12065
Adam Panagopoulos, PGA