2018 Father and Son Open
June 15-17, 2018
Reunion Resort - Kissimmee, Florida
Watson Course & Palmer Course
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
- 2 Rounds of Competitive Golf on the Watson Course and Palmer Course at Reunion Resort
- Opening Night Shoot - Out Competition
- Father-of-the-Year Luncheon
- Tournament Awards Luncheon
- Tophies for top winners in each flight
- Commemorative Team Photos
- Welcome Package and gifts for each player
Teams: Open to all family combinations; Fathers, Sons, Daughters, Grandparents, Grandchildren
Format: 36-hole Modified Champman (see details below)
Field Size: 100 players. The tournament will be filled on a first come, first serve basis
Flights: Flights will be determined after the first round of play. Round 1 pairings will be determined by handicap index
- Available at Reunion Resort on Friday, June 15, 2018.
- Rate is $45 ++ per person
- To book a practice round, please call the pro shop at Reunion Resort Golf Course, 407-396-3199. Please let them know you are competing in the Golfweek Fater-Son Open
- Tee times will be reserved on a first come, first serve basis
Accommodations: Are not included in your registration fee however Reunion Resort is offering our players the following special rates:
- One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa: $149.00 ++ per night
- Two-Bedroom Deluxe Villa: $169.00 ++ per night
- Three-Bedroom Deluxe Villa: $189 ++ per night
- One-Bedroom Superior Villa: $179.00 ++ per night
- Two-Bedroom Superior Villa: $199.00 ++ per night
- Three-Bedroom Superior Villa: $209.00 ++ per night
Please call their Central Reservations Department at 877-856-2171 to secure your lodging. All rates are based on hotel availability at the time of booking your room.
Reunion Resort is a great weekend getaway for families. Close to all theme parks, waterpark on property and fabulous restaurants & accommodations!
Travel: Air and ground transportation is not provided or arranged.
Registration Fee: $370.00 per player
- Two-Player Team: $740.00
- Three-Player Team: $1,110.00
- Four-Player Team: $1,480.00
Schedule of Events
Friday, June 15
Practice Rounds available at Reunion Resort Golf Course. Must be reserved in advance (see note above)
4:00pm - 5:30pm: Tournament Registration
6:00pm: Traditional One-Club Shoot out - Watson Course, Hole No. 18
Evening: On our own
Saturday, June 16
Breakfast: On your own
8:00am: ROUND 1. Watson Course - Shotgun start
1:00pm: Father of the Year Luncheon. Grande Pavillion
Afternoon & Evening: On your own
Sunday, June 17
Breakfast: On your own
8:00am: ROUND 2. Palmer Course - Shotgun start
1:00pm: Players Lunch and Tournament Awards Ceremony. Grande Pavillion
CLOSING DATE DEADLINE (deadline to enter): May 30, 2018 or until field is full
- Prior to May 30, 2018: 100% refund minus $100 cancellation fee
- After May 30, 2018: No refund
If you must cancel your participation in this tournament, please email Diane Muratore at DMuratore@Golfweek.com - do not cancel your registration through this site.
MODIFIED CHAPMAN FORMAT: Both father and son hit a tee shot. Father then hits son’s ball for his second shot and son hit’s father’s ball for his second shot (the lift, clean and place rule applies). The team then selects one ball to play and picks up the other ball. The player who did NOT hit the selected ball last then hits the ball for the team’s third shot. Player’s alternate shots until the ball is holed out. This format starts over on every hole including the par 3’s. Remember, never hit the same ball twice in succession and you will have played the format correctly.
NOTE: If both tee shots remain on the green on par 3’s, it gives the team two chances for a birdie putt.
FATHER WITH TWO OR MORE SONS: All players hit one tee shot. The father must tee off from the appropriate tee for his LOWEST HANDICAP TEAM. Each son may tee off from the appropriate tee for his flight. The father hits the ball of each son for his second shot. The first son will hit his father’s ball and the second son will place and hit a ball within six inches to the spot of the father’s tee shot. This procedure will also apply to balls in hazards (the lift, clean and place rule applies). Then each team must choose which one of the two balls their team will play and pick up the other. The player who did NOT hit the selected ball last then hits the ball for the team's third shot. Teams continue to alternate shots until holing out. Even though these teams have additional players, they are expected to maintain pace of play within the field.
Registration note: When completeing the online registration please be sure to register each player in your team(s). Each player must have an email specific for that player