Register Now for 2017 IEPGA Pro-Am at Avondale Golf Club
2017 IEPGA Pace of Play Policy
A. Pace of Play
Out of Position Defined: (PNWPGA)
- A group is out of position if it reaches the tee of a par 3 hole and the hole is clear, fails to clear the teeing ground of a par 4 hole before the preceding group clears the putting green or arrives at the teeing ground of a par 5 hole when the preceding group has already reached the putting green. In addition, the group’s elapsed time must exceed the applicable time schedule.
Pace of Play: 17 minutes per hole = 5 Hour 6 Minute Round
If the host course marshal or the IEPGA Tournament Director tells you your group is out of position, you will have two holes to get back into position. If you are not back into position after 2 holes and did not play those 2 holes in less than 17 minutes a hole, you will be issued an official warning. This warning will be reported back to the tournament director. You still be asked to get back into position but this official warning will be noted. You will also still be required to complete the IEPGA 5 ½ hour scorecard rule or you will get a strike for that as well. An official on course warning will result in one strike.
IEPGA 5 ½ Hour Scorecard Rule:
When turning your scorecard into the scoring desk, your scorecard will be marked down with the current time. If the time is more than 5 ½ hours after your starting time and most importantly you are the FIRST group who is more than 5 ½ hours past your starting time you will get your first strike. I fully understand that the groups following the first out of position group may be behind pace as well, they will be penalized on the judgement of the Tournament Director.
• 1st Strike = Warning
• 2nd Strike = Forfeit points earned towards next year’s tee time draw and towards IEPGA Cup Matches
• 3rd Strike = Forfeit points earned towards next year’s tee time draw and Cup Matches and $50 fine.
• 4th Strike = Forfeit points earned towards next year’s tee time draw and Cup Matches and $100 fine.
• 5th Strike = Reported to board for further action
There will also be a weekly report that will be attached to the bottom of the weekly wrap up post on the IEPGA website. This report will list all of the teams that are penalized and how many strikes they have for the year.