2018 Sonoma Showdown
Sonoma Ranch Golf Course
October 5th, 6th, & 7th, 2018
Format: 2 Rounds (36 Holes) Two Person Best Ball (Oct. 6th & 7th)
Each player shall play their own ball on each hole. The best net score on each hole will be used to comprise the team score.
Tees: Professional Flight Black Tees
Amateur Flight: Blue Tees (Ages 49 and Younger)
White Tees (Ages 50 to 64)
Tan Tees (Ages 65 and Older)
USGA Rules will govern all play, with the following exceptions:
- Lie Improvement: You may, after marking your ball, move the ball One Club Length in your own fairway, no closer to the hole.
A ball lying In Your Own Fairway or closely mown area on the hole you are playing may be lifted without penalty and cleaned.
- Ground Under Repair: There are several areas on the course that have been tilled up and reseeded, please take relief from these areas through the green. Please refrain from playing or driving through these newly seeded areas. Please take relief under Rule 25-1b abnormal ground conditions. If there is any doubt whether an area has been treated, please play two balls and consult with the scoring table before signing the score card.
- Stones in bunkers can be moved without penalty according to rule 24-1. All stones larger than a dime can be moved without penalty.
- Out of Bounds is determined by White Stakes, Roadways, Walking Paths adjacent to roadways and rock walls.
- Tree Wells; please take full relief from these tree wells, unless the tree is located in a hazard.
- The arroyos that flow through the back nine are considered lateral hazards. The perimeters of these hazards are identified by red stakes and red lines. The paths that cross the arroyos are considered to be in the hazard.
- Casual water may be present in the bunkers, you may take relief, no closer to the hole and the ball must remain in the bunker. Rule 25-1b
- Rangefinders will be permitted in this event.
#3 The Concrete Drainage on left side of the hole is considered an immovable obstruction. rule 24-1
#7 The Concrete Drainage on the right side is considered immovable obstruction. rule 24-1
#8 The Runoff drain from the pond is part of the hazard. rule 24-1
#10 The Stone runoff on the left side of the hole is considered an immovable obstruction. rule 24-1
#11 The Drainage on the left side of the hole is considered an immovable obstruction. rule 24-1
#12 Stone Wall drain to the left is in the hazard.
If there is a question to a ruling, please play two balls and refer to the rules committee before signing your scorecard.
Rules Committee reserves the right to evaluate and adjust a player’s handicap after Round 1.
Pace of Play: Please maintain your position throughout your round, groups falling out of position by more than two holes can be subject to two stroke penalty.
Day 1 Score Card – Net Flights - Handicaps will be adjusted based on a decision to play a different tee box. If you decide to play a forward tee because of your age, the number of handicap strokes and where they fall on the scorecard will change.