Terms of the Competition- Subject to Change
One Professional and Four Amateurs with valid USGA Hcps
54 Hole Pro-Am
Round 1 - One Best Ball Net
Round 2- One Best Ball Gross + One Best Ball Net- Must use two different balls - The Best Gross Ball is used 1st, and then the best net ball.
Round 3- Two Best Balls Net - Must use two different balls
54 Hole Professional Championship
Professionals will compete in a separate professional event. The format is individual stroke play using stableford scoring.
0 points - Double Bogey +, 1 point - bogey, 2 points - par, 3 points - birdie, 4 points - eagle, 5 points - double eagle
Daily Closest to the Pin for all players
Optional Net and Gross Skins - $60 cash us
TEES - Please see Course Yardage Tab for approximate distances per course
AMATEUR TEES - Tees will be assigned according to the following formula for male amateurs:
- If the amateurs age plus his hcp index = 80.0 and he is 70 years old or older he is eligible to play from the Green Tees.
- If the player’s age and hcp index equals 70.0 – 79.9 he will play from the White tees
- If the players age and hcp index equals 69.9 and below, the player will play from the blue tees.
- All amateur ladies will play the red tees.
Professional Tees Men:
- 66 years old and older play the White Tee’s
- 50- 65 years of age play the Blue Tees
- 49 and Younger play the Gold Tees
Professional Tee Women:
- 50 years old and older play the Red Tees
- 49 years old and younger play the White Tee
As suggested in the USGA Handicap Manual:
- One Best Ball of Five – 80% course handicap (90% for women)
- Two Best Balls of Five – 90% course handicap (95% for women)
- A Course Hcp of 22 is the maximum allowed hcp for men and women amateurs
- Professionals will receive strokes in the Pro Am based on tee assignment.
- Section 3-5 (Players Competing from Different Sets of Tees) is in effect
- We will use the August 1st Indexes Revisions for all Amateur Golfers
- Players are responsible for posting their scores - Scores recorded in this event are NOT Tournament Scores.
Teams will be divided evenly into three flights based on team hcp indexes
Teams will be awarded prizes in each flight
All teams will compete for the overall Champions Cup
Teams can only win the best prize
- The final round (Two Best Ball Net) will be used to break ties for the overall and or flight prizes.
- In the event of rain, the last round played and format will be used to break the tie.
- Tie Break Method: Last 9, last 6, last 3, last 1, then 18 back to 1.
- In the event a tie exists after the tie breaker method for the last round, we will use the same method for the previous round and so on.
- If still tied- a coin flip will determine the winner
- The Professional divisions will split ties for 2nd place down. First place ties in the professional division will use the same tie break method listed above for amateurs.
In the event of a Rain Out -
- If a round is canceled due to rain, that round will not count as a tournament round- The event will not make up holes the following day.
- The event must have 18 holes completed to have official results-
- If a round is canceled - All skins, will be reallocated to the official tournament rounds that are completed.
- If no rounds are completed, players will be refunded their cash skins money, and professionals will not receive money from the pro purse.
Pace of Play- Ready golf is highly encouraged- Model Local Rule K-1, K-2, K-5 are in effect.
Scorecards: Please check your scorecard for accuracy before turning your card into the committee. All cards must be properly signed.
Practice between Holes in Stoke Play: Rule 5.5B is modified by model local rule I-2. Which means practice between holes during competition is not permitted. General Penalty applies.
Suspension of Play Due to a Dangerous Situation- Model Local rule J-1
When play is suspended by the Committee for a dangerous situation, if the players in a match or group are between the play of two holes, they must not resume play until the Committee has ordered a resumption of play. If they are in the process of playing a hole, they must discontinue play immediately and not resume play until the Committee has ordered a resumption of play. This information will be sent over the GPS screen.
The event is closed when the committee has closed the event in the tournament software.