CHAMPIONSHIP EXEMPTION REQUEST POLICY
Players who have earned a championship exemption will be emailed an invitation once registration opens for the Championship. Exempt players must submit a complete online registration and pay the appropriate entry fee before the tournament deadline. Players must also meet the eligibility requirements.
Players not currently exempt may request an exemption into the championship by the following method:
- The request must be submitted online no later than 5 days before the tournament deadline. Email requests or requests made after the deadline will not be accepted.
- A fee of $50.00 plus tax must be paid at the time of the request.
- All fields on the exemption form must be completed with the appropriate information and supporting documentation must be emailed to email@example.com.
Requests for a championship exemption will only be considered for the following reasons:
- The player is unable to attend any qualifier for that Championship due to injury. A doctor’s note is required.
- The player is unable to attend any qualifier for that Championship due to another Golf Ontario, Golf Canada, or major international golf competition.
- The player is unable to attend any qualifier for that Championship due to a work/school commitment. Please note that an employer/teacher note is required.
- Player missed previous season due to injury or qualifying opportunities are not available
In all cases the player must have exceptional golf accomplishments.
The Exemption Committee will review each request and return a final decision by email within 3 business days after the deadline.
Should an exemption be granted, the exemption application fee will be refunded. NO fees will be refunded for rejected exemption applications.