Venue: Longcliffe Golf Club
The County Championship is open to all Members of the L&RCGA with a Handicap Index of 18.0 or less at the date of entry.
The Championship consists of a qualifying round played over two rounds of 18 holes which will be played on Sunday 9th May, followed by match play knockout for the top 16 aggregate scratch scores over the weekend of the 15th & 16th May 2021
The qualifying rounds and the match play shall be played in accordance with the rules of the R&A Club.
Those qualifying in 1-8th place contest for the title of County Champion with the final played over 36 holes comprising two rounds of 18 holes.
Those qualifying in 9-16th place contest for the Russell Trophy with the final played over 18 holes.
There are also voucher prizes presented on the day of the qualifying day for best 1st and 2nd net scores (See Championship Rules).
Entry Fee: £20 per person
1. Only members of the County Association are eligible.
2. Members should have a Handicap Index of 18.0 or less at the date of entry (Handicap Index limit for the competition is 18.0).
3. Draw to be in handicap categories.
4. The Championship shall consist of two 18 hole qualifying rounds followed by match play. The qualifying rounds and the match play shall be played in accordance with the rules of the R&A Club.
5. In the event of a tie, the decision will be made on the last 18 holes, and the last 9,6,3,1 of the last 18 holes.
6. The first 8 best scores qualify for the Championship, for which there will be an automatic draw. The next 8 scores qualify for the Russell Trophy, for which there will be an automatic draw. The draw shall be posted as soon as possible after the termination of play.
7. Each match will consist of one round of 18 holes except the Championship final which will be played over 36 holes comprising two rounds of 18 holes. The round is deemed to extend to as many holes as are required for a match to be won.
8. A player may not take both the gross and the net prizes. (Net prizes will be based on a Handicap Allowance of 95% x Course Handicap)
9. All disputes, during the Championship, shall be settled by the Executive Committee whose decision shall be final.
10. Motorised sit-on carts/buggies may only be used in strict compliance with the County Transportation Policy.
11. In the event of withdrawal from the competition within 7 days of the commencement of the competition, entry fees will not be refunded.
Best gross score over 36 holes. In the event of a tie, the decision will be made over the last 18,9,6,3,1
County Championship 2021
County Championship Rules
How to Enter
To enter this L&R LCGA members event, you will first need to be registered with the County Association. If you have not already done so, please click the following link and complete your details.
This only needs to be done once.