8th Greater San Antonio Senior Men's Match Play Championship
April 30 - May 2, 2021
Any male with amateur status, and 50 or older for Senior’s, as of April 30, 2021 residing in Bexar, Comal, Kendall, Kerr, Wilson, Atascosa, Medina, Guadalupe, or Bandera counties for a minimum of three months prior to the Championship date. Active Duty Military residents are exempt from the three month residency requirement. The Committee has the right to make exceptions in certain circumstances.
- $100 for qualifier. Includes green fee, cart, and range balls
- $175 additional if you qualify for the match play
- 6:00 pm, Friday April 23, 2021
- Field is limited to the first 96 paid entries received.
- Any late entries will be admitted based on available space.
- Players who withdraw after the deadline will not receive a refund.
- Players who withdraw before the deadline are subject to a $30.00 service fee.
- Senior Men’s Division – approximately 6500 yards
Competition will be in two stages:
- Stroke Play Shotgun Qualifier – 18 Hole stroke play will be held Friday, April 30, 2021 to determine the top 32 qualifiers for the Men’s Mid-Am & the top 32 qualifiers for the Senior Men’s Division. A tie for last qualifier in each division shall be decided by a scorecard playoff due to time.
- Match Play – General numerical draw will be used. All matches are 18 holes.
Senior Men’s Division
Friday April 30th: AM- Shotgun Start Stroke Play Qualifier
PM – Shotgun Start for 1st Round of Match Play
Saturday May 1st: AM – 2nd Round of Match Play
PM – Semi-Finals of Match Play
Sunday May 2nd: AM – Finals of Match Play
- Play will be governed by the Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA.
- All players must conform with the USGA Rules of Amateur Status as specified in the USGA Rules of Golf.
- Rules Committee Decisions will be final.
- Caddies and pull carts are permitted.
- In this competition, a player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. Devices and distances may be shared with other players.
- This is a GSA Player of the Year and Rudy’s I-10 Cup points event
- For Stroke Play Qualifier: To ensure that carts are available for all contestants, 2 carts are allowed per group. If your group has a walker only 1 cart will be allowed. Please consider this prior to bringing a caddie / spectator(s).
- For Match Play—there will only be 2 carts per group allowed.
- May 2, 2020 immediately following play at The Bandit.
- Rounds may be reduced due to weather and unplayable conditions.
- Starting times will be established by the committee and special requests will not be available.
- Appropriate golf attire is required.
- Golf San Antonio, Rick Quintanilla 210-736-8706 Email: email@example.com
- The Bandit – 830-609-4665
- Confirmation & starting times www.golfsanantonio.org