COVID-19 Championship Policy
Golf Saskatchewan shares in your concerns about the COVID-19 epidemic and its impact on everyday life in Saskatchewan. The health and wellness of all Golf Saskatchewan members, volunteers and staff are of the highest priority. Upon resumption of event administration, many of our normal practices will change to protect the safety of everyone on-site at an event.
- Golf Saskatchewan will work with host facilities to ensure proper sanitizing practices are in place for unavoidable touchpoints such as golf carts, practice golf balls and bathrooms. These practices are listed in the most recent version of the Re-Open Saskatchewan and can be viewed at the following link. Golf Course Guideline
- UPDATE: For July 2021, the restrictions for golf have been revised. A number of changes have been revised including the play of golf. Basically we can go back to playing normal golf, while adhering to social distancing measures. *
- If a player is experiencing any of the following COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days of the event start date, he or she is asked to withdraw from that event: coughing or shortness of breath, or two of the following: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.
- A full refund may be issued for a COVID-19 related issue prior to the start of a championship.
- Field sizes may be modified so each player will have his or her own golf cart (if event allows riding in golf carts).
- Golf Saskatchewan staff and volunteers will always adhere to social distancing guidelines and we ask others do the same while around these individuals.
- To limit the total number of individuals on-site at an event:
- Caddies may be permitted (we will work with each event location and communicate with the field before the championship begins.)
- It is requested spectators be limited as much as possible.
- All spectators will maintain strict social distancing guidelines including while in or around the clubhouse and on the course.
- Spectators are not permitted in or around practice areas and are not permitted to ride in carts with players.
- Spectators must check in with the starter prior to following a group.
- Outdoor group sizes is limited to the RE-OPEN SASKATCHEWAN guidelines (until July 11, 2021).
- Policies for late entry fees and fees for withdrawing from an event will be modified to provide more flexibility for players.
- Be patient. Allow more time than usual for things such as warming up on the driving range, use of the practice putting green, online scoring, and awards announcements.
- Wash your hands whenever possible, bring your own hand sanitizer, cough or sneeze into your elbow, and have a face mask available, just in case.
- Face masks do not have to be worn at the event however Health Canada and the WHO do recommend wearing a mask when you venture out in public.
- Players must sign the COVID-19 declaration prior to the start of the championship event and will verbalize the COVID-19 declaration before each round.
- Provide your own drinks and snacks. To eliminate touch points, Golf Saskatchewan may not provide bottled water or snacks to players.
- More information for each respective event will be communicated by email.
- Please respect and adhere to all policies in place by the host club and Golf Saskatchewan. Failure to do so may result in disqualification and rejection of future entries.
- Social distancing measures will be in place in all practice areas, which may result in limited availability of space.
- Players must be courteous and limit their time on practice areas to allow everyone the opportunity to warm up.
- Restrictions on practice area use may be enforced and will be made on an event-by-event basis.
GROUP STARTING PROCEDURES
- Golf Saskatchewan will limit the number of touchpoints for all participants and volunteers.
- The official starter may not have any physical contact with players.
- Official scorecards will be distributed at the first tee/starter’s tent.
- All other paperwork will be distributed electronically or posted on the Golf Saskatchewan website or Golf Genius platform.
- Each player is responsible for reading and understanding the material.
- A brief player meeting will be conducted via Zoom the evening prior to the start of championship. During the zoom meeting, players can ask questions relating to the championship.
- There may not be any water or snacks available to players on the starting tee.
- As a competitor, please plan for your nourishment and beverage requirements prior to arriving at the golf course.
OFFICIAL SCORING PROCEDURES
- Players will be issued their scorecard at the first tee.
- Players will mark their own score plus a competitor in the same group. Be sure that all players have a different marker in each group.
- Once in the scoring area, players should remain at least six feet away from each other and the official scorer at all times.
- Once all scores are confirmed, the Golf Saskatchewan official scorer will confirm that all players agree with the scoring results.
- A player’s scorecard is considered returned after verbally agreeing to the hole-by-hole scores and leaving the scoring area.
- Any discrepancy must be communicated and resolved before the scorecards have been returned. After that time, Rule 3.3b(3) applies.
WEATHER DELAYS | INCLIMATE WEATHER
- In the event of a weather delay, all players are asked to maintain social distancing measures.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all players should evacuate to their cars and wait for further communication via email, text message or a Golf Saskatchewan staff member/volunteer in the parking lot.
- If there is a threat of severe weather, additional time (more than normal) will be provided so that players can get to a safe place.
- Sometimes the weather is unpredictable and can change instantly. In some cases, players will have to use their best judgement on protecting themselves from all dangers.
- Golf Saskatchewan, to maintain social distancing measures, may not be able to provide cart assistance to bring in competitors from the course.
- There will be a trophy presentation to award the championship winner and top three players will be asked to be present for the awards presentation to receive their medals.
- The trophy presentation will be recorded and viewable on the Golf Saskatchewan YouTube channel and/or Golf Saskatchewan website.
- All winners will be announced, and results will be posted to the Golf Saskatchewan website and social media channels.
- If there is a tie for any prize other than the overall winner of a championship, the Golf Saskatchewan Tie-Breaking procedure will be used.
- See Tie-Breaking procedure document under the policies section.
- It there is a tie for the overall championships, a hole-by-hole (sudden victory) playoff will be used to determine the overall winner of championships, at a starting hole determined by the Committee.
- Redemption of gift certificates will be handled on a player-by-player basis, but players should be prepared to redeem by phone or at a later date in order to maintain safety precautions.
Please note that these guidelines and procedures are subject to change and will be updated as the COVID-19 environment evolves.