Teams will consist of 8 members. Over the past few years the Cup Series has migrated from being a Chapter affiliated event to being strictly a "Team" based event with no affiliation to Chapters. Teams may be comprised of members form within a single chapter or may be comprised of members from more than one Chapter, or from Members-at-Large. During the competition, opposing teams with members from the same Chapter are allowed to compete against each other.
Suggested methods for team formation:
- Select team based on interest; or
- Conduct a stroke play qualifier and select a combination of lowest gross score and/or lowest net score players; or
- Conduct a series of Match Play outings with points for wins and ties. Top 8 point earners form the Team; or
- Use a points system for participation in Chapter events – 1pt. for league play each week; 2 pts. for 18-hole event participation, etc.; or
- Hold a match play league or ladder and select the 8 players with the most match wins.
Registration for Qualifiers & Team Selection: (below is the normal process - for 2020 please see the Cup Finals Portal for this year's registration process)
Team entries are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until the Qualifier field is full. The size of each Regional Qualifier field will vary. Please see specific information about each Regional Qualifier on their respective portal pages. Team entries will be confirmed in the order of receipt of full payment of all team members. Team entries are guaranteed after ALL team members have paid their Qualifier event entry fees.
Teams may participate in the Qualifier of their choice regardless of their Chapter’s regional designation.