Golf San Antonio (GSA)
Men’s, Senior Men’s and Women’s –Four-Ball Stroke Play
June 17th - 18th, 2022
TPC of San Antonio
NOTICE TO PLAYERS
The 2021 Rules of Golf as approved by the United States Golf Association and the R&A govern play. In addition, the Local Rules and Terms of the Competitions (“Hard Card”) for Golf San Antonio Championships is in effect. These local rules and conditions supersede any local rules on the course scorecard. Unless otherwise noted, the penalty for breach of a local rule or condition is the general penalty.
Format: Four-Ball Stroke Play (Rule 23), 36 Holes consisting of two stipulated rounds of 18 holes, stroke play competition.
Entry Fee: The entry fee will be $425 per team and must be paid at time of registration. Registration opens April 18 and will close at 9pm on June12th.
Round 1: Will be played on the OAKS course with a 8:00am SHOTGUN start.
Round 2: Will be played on the OAKS course with a 1:30pm SHOTGUN start.
Tee Markers: OAKS
Men - GOLD tees, approx. 6950 yds
Senior Men - BLUE tees, approx. 6600 yds
Women - RED tees, approx. 5514 yds
Golf Carts – There will only be two golf carts per foursome. No additional carts will be available for single riders. If there are concerns for COVID, please make accommodations to walk.
Caddies (Rule 10.3): Caddies are allowed. A player must not have more than one caddie at any one time. The Canyons Course is cart path only due to the winter storm.
Ties: In case of a tie for first place in all divisions, a hole-by-hole playoff will begin on a hole to be determined by the Committee as soon as the stipulated round is complete and the results have been verified and posted. If a play-off is not feasible, the Committee will invoke matching score cards according to USGA Official Rules of Golf.
Scoring (Rule 23-2): The marker, a fellow competitor, and not a partner is required to record for each hole only the gross score of whichever partner’s score is to count. The gross score for each hole to count MUST be individually identifiable; otherwise, the side is disqualified. Only one of the partner’s need be responsible for complying with signing and returning the team scorecard - Rule 3-3b(3).
SCORECARDS must be turned in immediately following completion of play to Tournament Staff under the Terrace next to the Clubhouse.
Model Local Rule D-7 is in effect: When a ball played from the putting green accidentally hits the player, the club used by the player to make the stroke, or an animal defined as a loose impediment, the stroke counts and the ball must be played as it lies.
Abnormal Course Conditions: Includes Immovable Obstructions, Ground Under Repair (Rule 16-1): Roads and paths artificially surfaced (paved, gravel) are obstructions (apply Rule 16-1). Roads and paths that ARE NOT artificially surfaced, and Stacked- stone walls and gravel areas are integral objects, no free relief, (play the ball as it lies). Decorative rock along gravel or paved cart paths have the same status as the cart path, and wood railing fencing within the boundary of the course are Abnormal Course Condition (Rule 16-1 applies). Abnormal course condition interference caused by animal holes (“An isolated animal footprint or hoof mark is not an animal hole”) is ‘ground under repair’ (Rule 16-1 applies). Relief is granted for lie of ball, area of intended swing and intended stance except when the ball is in a penalty area (No Relief). When taking relief under this Rule, ball must be droped in the Relief Area, based on the nearest point of complete relief.
Cart Barrier Staking (Rule 15-2): Cart barrier stakes and roping that direct golf cart movement, are movable obstructions (Rule 15-2 applies)
Dropping Zones: There are no Dropping Zones on the Course. All Penalty Areas are Red. Relief should be taken IAW Rule 17.
Pace of Play Guidelines: The Committee has no desire to invoke rules and penalties. Rule 5-6 states: “the player shall play without unreasonable delay.
- The time allowed for a ball search is three minutes in total.
- Players are expected to play a stroke no more than 40 seconds from when it is their turn to play.
- Players are expected to play the round in no more than 4 hours 45 minutes.
- Out of Position: A group is out of position when it completes play of the hole more than 15 minutes after the preceding group completed play of that hole.
- Penalty: After two warnings, player may be assessed a one stroke penalty, then a two stroke penalty, then disqualification.
- Spectators: Spectators will be allowed. Spectators must stay at least 15 paces from all players. Breach of this condition may result in a player penalty. Spectator carts available on first come, first served basis. Spectators limited to one per cart, unless immediate family, then two per cart. Spectators in golf carts MUST stay on the cart paths but may search for golf balls by walking to the search area once the Player arrives. Spectator carts are not guaranteed and will be available on a first come first serve basis.
Code of Conduct:
Players are to observe proper golf etiquette at all times. Any abuse or disrespect of fellow competitors, officials, spectators, employees of the host facility, or other persons conducting or attending a Golf San Antonio sponsored event can be grounds for disqualification from the event, and possible rejection of entry for future GSA events. Such abuse may be verbal or physical or threat thereof and includes but is not limited to:
- The use of obscene language
- Physical damage to property or equipment including that of GSA or the host facility
- Being under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances during a competitive round
Rick Quintanilla – GSA Golf Operations Director – (956) 321-9821
Rules Officials: Identified by cart sign and/or a small orange flag.