NB Under-19 Championship
Tournament Rules Page
STANDARD LOCAL RULES
PLEASE NOTE: Model Local Rule G-10 is NOT IN EFFECT during Golf NB Provincial Championships however, it IS IN EFFECT during all Golf Canada National Championships.
*Model Local Rule G-10 is in effect at all National Amateur Championships (including qualifying rounds) and RBC Canadian Open qualifying competitions. In making a stroke, the player must not use a club, except for a putter, which exceeds 46 inches in length. Penalty for making a stroke with a club in breach of this Local Rule: Disqualification
SUPPLEMENTARY LOCAL RULES
- Supplementary Local Rules: Supplementary Local Rules will be handed out at the event
- Règles locales complémentaires: Règles locales complémentaires seront remis lors de l'événement
20 MUST KNOW RULES OF GOLF
- Click Here to download the "20 Must Know Rules of Golf for 2019".
PACE OF PLAY REGULATIONS
Golf New Brunswick (Golf NB) Pace of Play Regulations will be in effect.
Key Points of the Golf NB Pace of Play Regulations are as follows;
- Pace of Play is a GROUP pace of play and any penalties will be assessed to all members of the GROUP.
- The Group is expected to complete their round in 4 Hours & 30 Minutes (The allotted time is subject to change and will be determined by the Golf NB Rules & Tournament Committee for each event).
- The Group will have 2:15 for the First 9 Holes and 2:15 for the Second 9 Holes (Times may vary depending on the event).
- Assessment of Penalties: In order to be subject to penalty a group MUST be behind its Allotted Time AND more than 14 minutes behind the preceding group.
- To avoid penalty, groups must complete each checkpoint hole (9 and 18):
i) Under the allotted time, OR
ii) Not exceeding 14 minutes behind the group ahead.
- Summary of Penalties
- The Group is out of position upon completion of first 9 hole checkpoint = Players in the group MAY be subject to penalty
- The Group is out of position upon completion of second 9 hole checkpoint = 1 Penalty Stroke to each player in the group
- The Group missed both checkpoints upon completion of the stipulated round = 1 Stroke Penalty for first 9 holes and 1 stroke penalty for the second 9 holes (Total of 2 strokes)
- If the group misses its first 9 hole checkpoint but is under time for its 18 hole checkpoint there is no penalty. The group has made up the time.
All players are asked to familiarize themselves with the Golf NB Pace of Play Regulations in their entirety prior to beginning play.
A COMPLETE OUTLINE OF THE GOLF NB PACE OF PLAY REGULATIONS may be found at www.golfnb.ca or by CLICKING HERE.