Welcome to the "69th Sunnehanna Amateur Qualifier" Event Portal
Sunnnehanna Amateur and Southern Amateur Dual Qualifier
Date: Sunday, June 12, 2022
Host Club: Sunnehanna Country Club, Johnstown, PA
In addition to the qualifier for the Sunnehanna Amateur Championship you now have the option to try and qualify for the Southern Amateur Championship being held July 13-16, 2022 at Sea Island Golf Club (Plantation), St. Simons Island, GA. To participate in the Southern Amateur Championship Sectional Qualifier, a player must be registered for the Sunnehanna Amateur Championship Qualifier as well. Players wishing to participate in the dual qualifier must register through each championship’s website.
Registration links for each championship are below:
Sunnehanna Amateur Qualifier Registration: Sunnehanna Amateur Qualifier
Southern Amateur Championship Registration: Southern Amateur Championship
Registration Open Date:
- Sunnehanna Amateur Championship – March 15
- Southern Amateur Championship – February 28
Registration Close Date:
- Sunnehanna Amateur Championship – May 23
- Southern Amateur Championship – May 23
Sunnehanna qualifier entry fee:
- $190.00 (If you qualify your entry will be applied to the tournament entry fee)
Southern Amateur Sectional Qualifying and Championship Fees:
- The entry fee for the sectional qualifier is $175. For players who successfully qualify, the SGA will charge the credit card used to register for the sectional qualifier the remaining championship balance of $175.
Maximum Field Size: 105 players
Sunnehanna Amateur Qualifying Spots: There will be 6 qualifying spots available.
Southern Amateur Qualifying Spots: The number of qualifying spots will be determined after the close of entries based upon the size of the field.
*** There will be a playoff or card matching for ties in both qualifiers.
- There will be a $25.00 processing fee if you withdraw prior to the close of registration. No refunds will be given if you withdraw after close of registration.
- You can call the Pro Shop at 814-255-3106 to arrange a practice round. Practice Round fee will be $75.00 including cart payable at the host club.
- *We encourage those close to Sunnehanna to play practice rounds prior to the day before the qualifier.
Qualifier Caddies; Cart; Dress Code:
- Players may carry their own bag, bring a caddie or use a trolley. Players and Caddies are required to walk during the qualifying round.
- Appropriate golf attire required. Collar shirt. Shorts may be worn in the qualifier but slacks/long pants are required during the Sunnehanna Amateur Championship.
Assuming no COVID restrictions, spectators are permitted and welcome. Conditions permitting carts can be rented. Please contact the Pro Shop.
Special rates are in place with the hotels listed below. Mention you are participating in the Sunnehanna Amateur qualifier.
Holiday Inn Downtown Johnstown
Phone: 814-535-7777 (Reopening March 26th)
Address: 250 Market Street, Johnstown, PA 15901 (approx.. 2 miles from Sunnehanna Country Club)
Holiday Inn Express
Address: 1440 Scalp Ave., Johnstown, PA 15904 (approx. 7 miles from Sunnehanna Country Club)
Food and Beverage
- Credit cards are accepted if you eat inside the clubhouse.
- Purchases at the halfway house/10th stand are cash only.