104th Met Open Championship
presented by Callaway
Piping Rock Club
Locust Valley, New York
Tuesday, August 20th - Thursday, August 22nd, 2019
Entry Fee: Professionals: $250.00 | Amateurs:$150.00
Registration and payment must be submitted by Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
54-hole Stroke Play Championship. All players will play 18-holes on Tuesday, August 20th followed by a second 18-holes on Wednesday, August 21st. Following the conclusion of Round 2, the field will be cut to the low 54 players & ties and all players within eight (8) strokes of the lead. 18-holes will be played on Thursday, August 22nd to determine a Champion. In the event of a tie for the Championship, a three (3) hole aggregate playoff will be held immediately following play. In the event of a further tie, play will immediately continue hole-by-hole until a champion is determined.
The competition is open to golfers who are:
1) Past MGA Open Champions.
2) PGA Members in good standing in the Metropolitan and New Jersey PGA Sections.
3) PGA Apprentices, employed at a golf facility in the MGA territory, who are enrolled in the Professional Golf Management (‘PGM’).
4) Head and Assistant Professionals at MGA Member Clubs. See below for definition of "Assistant Golf Professional".
5) Golf Professionals who are bona fide members, with full golfing privileges, at MGA Member Clubs, have a place of residence in the MGA territory, and an individual up-to-date Handicap Index based on ratings for men not exceeding 4.0 under the USGA Handicap System. A Golf Professional may not join an MGA member club for the sole purpose of gaining entry to the Met Open.*
6) Amateur members and applicants for Amateur Reinstatement at MGA Member Clubs with an individual up-to-date Handicap Index based on ratings for men not exceeding 4.0 under the USGA Handicap System.
7) Golf Professionals or Amateurs, 23 and under, in the immediate family of the Head Golf Professional, General Manager, and/or Head Golf Course Superintendent at MGA Member Clubs with an individual up-to-date Handicap Index based on ratings for men not exceeding 4.0 under the USGA Handicap System.
July 22nd, 2019 - Forsgate Country Club (Banks)
July 29th, 2019 - Haworth Golf Club
July 29th, 2019 - Nissequogue Golf Club
July 29th, 2019 - Paramount Country Club
July 31st, 2019 - Seawane Club
August 6th, 2019 - Leewood Golf Club
Directly preceding the Met Open Championship is the MGA Caddie Scholarship Pro-Am on Monday, August 19th. Participants in the Met Open are encouraged to bring a team to help support the local Caddie Scholarship Funds (Long Island, Westchester and New Jersey). Teams consist of three paying amateurs and a professional (the professional does not need to qualify for the Championship proper to play in the pro-am).