104th Met Open Championship
presented by Callaway
Piping Rock Club
Locust Valley, New York
Tuesday, August 20th - Thursday, August 22nd, 2019
Entry Fee: Professionals: $250.00 | Amateurs:$150.00
Registration and payment must be submitted by Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
54-hole Stroke Play Championship. All players will play 18-holes on Tuesday, August 20th followed by a second 18-holes on Wednesday, August 21st. Following the conclusion of Round 2, the field will be cut to the low 54 players & ties and all players within eight (8) strokes of the lead. 18-holes will be played on Thursday, August 22nd to determine a Champion. In the event of a tie for the Championship, a three (3) hole aggregate playoff will be held immediately following play. In the event of a further tie, play will immediately continue hole-by-hole until a champion is determined.
1. Past Met Open Champions
2. USGA Champions and members of the Walker Cup Team from the past 10 years.
3. 25 lowest scores and ties in the 2018 Met Open Championship.
4. 2019 Open Champions of the LIGA, NJSGA, CSGA, and WGA.
5. 2019 Long Island and Westchester PGA Champions.
6. 2018 NJ and Met PGA Section Champions, NJPGA Fall Finale (formerly Charity Classic) and MGA Senior Open Champion.
7. 2019 Met Amateur and Ike Champions.
8. 2019 NJSGA, NYSGA and CSGA Amateur Champions.
9. Past U.S. Open and PGA Champions.
10. Top 3 on the 2018 MGA Player of the Year and the current leader on the 2019 MGA Player of the Year list as of July 17, 2019
11. Top 5 on the 2018 Metropolitan and New Jersey PGA Section Player of the Year Lists.
12. Qualifiers for the 2019 U.S. Open and PGA Championships.
13. 2019 NYS Open, NYS PGA, NJPGA Charity Clambake, and NJPGA Match Play Champions.
14. 2018 Treiber Memorial Champion.
15. Top 500 in the Men’s World Amateur Golf Ranking (WAGR) at the time of entry.
16. Professional representative and Current Club champion at Championship Host Club – Piping Rock Club.
17. Special invitees of the MGA Executive Committee.
Directly preceding the Met Open Championship is the MGA Caddie Scholarship Pro-Am on Monday, August 19th. Participants in the Met Open are encouraged to bring a team to help support the local Caddie Scholarship Funds (Long Island, Westchester and New Jersey). Teams consist of three paying amateurs and a professional (the professional does not need to qualify for the Championship proper to play in the pro-am).